I bought a cheap land cruiser 100 series (laughs) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello dears!

First off, sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum to post in.

I'm from Kuwait, and here the land cruiser has legendary status and loved by everyone, so resale value is skyhigh and parts are abundant everywhere you look.

I recently bought a land cruiser 100 series gxr1 the petrol i6 engine 2003 model automatic with 194000km on the suspicious odometer (definitely tampered with), the 4x4, difflock and the engine and the transmission are all functioning properly.

So I bought it from the junk yard for 3000$ it was the cheapest land cruiser I could find, so I just bought it for fun and see what I can make with it.
Anyway, I took it to the Toyota dealership and told them I want a complete comprehensive report on everything with a list and pricing to return it to it's original form. The report was around 5 pages long and the cost of restoring it to perfect condition was.. wait for it.. 27000$ :rofl:
I never laughed so hard in my life!
Anyway this is just something I wanted to share and I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty to restore it piece by piece.

Cheers :beer:

Sounds very cool. Post lots of pics.

Pictures please

$27,000 USD? what a bargain, lol!

Cheaper to buy one here and ship it over.... I think

I can believe it.

To do a full restoration frame off ever bolt out to perfection like day it rolled off the factory floor start around $70,000 US, for most any older vehicle. It's a tone of man hours, parts and skill. It can take years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom