HZJ75 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is another closer look at the coil.:D
P1060007.jpg
P1060008.jpg
P1060009.jpg

The interior feature, Prado dashboard, power window, 80 serious seat
Engine 1HDT. OME,
P1060011.jpg

How much did your fuel economy change when you changed out the 1HZ for the 1HDT.

In theory, as long as the other factors have stayed the same, you should see a fairly good improvement in the fuel economy with the 1HDT - but I'd like to get an idea of exactly how much it changed in real world use.

What other changes to tires, driving speed etc. were also made at the same time that the engine was changed?

~John

How much did your fuel economy change when you changed out the 1HZ for the 1HDT.

In theory, as long as the other factors have stayed the same, you should see a fairly good improvement in the fuel economy with the 1HDT - but I'd like to get an idea of exactly how much it changed in real world use.

What other changes to tires, driving speed etc. were also made at the same time that the engine was changed?

~John

Well, I haven't really done a deep study on my fuel economy yet. As far as fuel is concerned, within city around driving with the speed of around 50,60 and so on, to my personal feeling is that not much different. But when it comes to highway cruising, here comes the huge different.
The amount saves up for fuel in a long run can be equivalence to a 1HDT engine. I might wrong to someone,feel free to write in.
As discussed before,the problem with this engine is the sensitive throttle. The car tends to jerk when it comes to uneven road surface. I would like to know "how much it changed in real world use." What exactly are you referring to? How much in term of cost of 1HDT engine or performance or fuel economy?
It will the best to get the bigger tires for your car when you have so much power in your engine. even with the look. The amount of power between 1HZ and 1HD is huge. In conclusion, my recommendation is worthy of investing this engine in a long run.;)

before restoration

Found some photos of my 75 before restoration.;) few more photos to come
P1050020.jpg
P1050021.jpg
P1050023.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice Wong
Looks like a lot of work has been put in to your beast

Very nice Wong
Looks like a lot of work has been put in to your beast

Prado dash, set door, hood, new tailgate and chain, new light front and rear, both axles(with locker), 1HDT engine, gearbox, new grille, snorkel, OME shock, chrome front bumper, fender mirror, wiper motor and link, brake booster(HDJ81), overfender(front=second hand and rear=new) and side step, all new cabin bushes, Recaro seat( on the way ), chrome side mirror and door visor, propeller shaft(new) front(second hand), OZ rim and tyre, This beast is more than a beast( monster ).:p

Last edited:
Here is the diff gear of ratio 3.7(10X37), Just wanted to drop the rpm.
Hope by this gear set swap will help drastically in pulling down the rpm.:confused:
The current ratio is 4.11(9X37)
P1060086.jpg
P1060088.jpg
P1060089.jpg

did you find a 3.7 for the front diff?
we found a 3.24 that was sold for 14 months back in 1990 but sadly discontinued. i could see a gasser 75 returning mid 20s fuel mileage with those gears ...

of course i could swap the front diff from the 75 to a large carrier unit and swap the 3.7s i have here in ...
maybe that is what i will do, one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom