Husky vs WeatherTech (1 Viewer)

Husky vs WeatherTech

• Husky

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • WeatherTech

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any opinions either way on the front and center floor coverings? The Toyota all rubber ones just do an awful job of coverage (especially the drivers area) so I need to switch.

I went Husky, and for my year LX they needed new carpet clips to line up with the holes, husky provided for free.

Iirc, the husky curves down in the second row and the weathertec curves up...I'm quite happy with my husky mats, I've had weathertec in other cars and was never as impressed with the fit.

I’ve had weather tech in a previous vehicle and went Husky with the cruiser. Very happy with the set (driver/passenger, middle row, and rear cargo). All are a good fit and the lip is deep when spills happen.

This is a Pepsi vs Coke, Ford vs Chevy kind of question. They're both great. I've had repeated outstanding customer service over many years and vehicles from Weathertech, so I'm a loyal customer.

WT makes amazing mats but for an off-road vehicle the dead pedal cover being so low is a bit of an Achilles heel.

Plus at least a couple years ago they were very dismissive of requests for a cargo mat without the notches for the third row legs. Maybe that has changed with demand and release of HE and 2-row LXs, but at the time the person I was dealing with was bordering on rude in response to a simple suggestion they consider it.

For my street cars: weather tech. In the future for my 4x4s, husky.

This reminds me I need to make that dead pedal. Saw that thread and got the material two years ago but it’s been sitting.

WT makes amazing mats but for an off-road vehicle the dead pedal cover being so low is a bit of an Achilles heel.

Plus at least a couple years ago they were very dismissive of requests for a cargo mat without the notches for the third row legs. Maybe that has changed with demand and release of HE and 2-row LXs, but at the time the person I was dealing with was bordering on rude in response to a simple suggestion they consider it.

For my street cars: weather tech. In the future for my 4x4s, husky.

This reminds me I need to make that dead pedal. Saw that thread and got the material two years ago but it’s been sitting.

Last edited:
Both of these mats are great until the first time you get them dirty. Then they stay dirty unless you spend significant time keeping them clean.

I can’t imagine not having them - but I didn’t love them either.

Both of these mats are great until the first time you get them dirty. Then they stay dirty unless you spend significant time keeping them clean.

Pressure washer is key. I take them out and hit them in the beginning of the wash and they’re usually dry by the time I’m ready to reinstall.

I here you. I have the Husky mats...in tan. When I wash my car in the driveway, I’ll take the mats out, spray them with Simple Green or something similar. Scrub them with a brush and hose them off...look good as new. This has even cleaned up grease stains.

I get a chuckle out of this, maybe because I am less sophisticated, but I wash (hose off) my mats maybe once a year after the mud season, and they are just there the rest of the time, doing their utilitarian deed, collecting dirt, water, ice, snow, slop and mud. I don't spend a lot of time worrying about how pretty they are as long as they protect the carpets and body shell.

I get a chuckle out of this, maybe because I am less sophisticated, but I wash (hose off) my mats maybe once a year after the mud season, and they are just there the rest of the time, doing their utilitarian deed, collecting dirt, water, ice, snow, slop and mud. I don't spend a lot of time worrying about how pretty they are as long as they protect the carpets and body shell.
I hear you. You notice that I said ”when”...
...”when” does not happen very often. :cool:

@tbisaacs Are you calling me a troll? I've been here on mud over 15 years and have always done my best to be a good member of the community.

@tbisaacs Are you calling me a troll? I've been here on mud over 15 years and have always done my best to be a good member of the community.

I did, and it’s out of line. I apologize. Snarking at strangers on the internet is not a good look.

Reactions: HGB
Despite any appearance of hyperbole, I honestly only clean my Weathertech mats once a year, at most. I'm not saying anyone else should do this, or that it is a best practice. We all have different priorities and goals.

I don't wash my Weathertech mats. I vacuum them occasionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom