Husky Liners WeatherBeaters Installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The rubber Toyota mats that came with my Land Cruiser have been alright for the last year but leave a lot to be desired, especially due to their small surface area. I was planning to get WeatherTech's for my 2016 because that is what most on here seem to go with, but recent threads highlighting the limited coverage on the drivers side mat made me second guess that choice. I've always been partial to Husky Liners with other vehicles and was excited to find their Weather Beater series (new to me but seems like they've been around for a few years?). Thanks to another floor mat thread on here, I got the front row, second row and cargo liner from Auto Anything for 18% off - about $275 with free shipping.

Still waiting on the cargo liner but the front and second row mats are installed and I absolutely love them. Not saying they are better or worse than WeatherTechs, but I'm very impressed with the fit and thickness of the mats. The coverage improvement over the factory mats is drastic and they seem to cover more area around the dead pedal, gas and brake pedal than the WeatherTechs. I couldn't find many pictures of these mats installed, so here are a few to help people making this decision in the future. I'll add pictures of the cargo liner when it comes in.

ZabRD9u.jpg

dN9UT4T.jpg

35hAo7S.jpg

DVGzgR9.jpg

The Huskys look great. I ordered from Amazon and will have them tomorrow. I went with Husky floor mats in my FJ Cruiser and never looked back. And yes, they offer more coverage especially on the driver's dead pedal.

Wow, nice fit. Also really like the one piece second row. I hate having keep adjusting them after the kids have been through there. But I might miss the logo.....

-Z

Thanks for the pictures. I'll recommend Husky liners to my parents for their 2018 LC.

I definitely feel Husky liners are better for the front seats. But Weathertech's cover much more for the second row seats. And the Toyota all weather mat is the best for the cargo area. No problem in mixing and matching, just whatever is the best product available I figure.

There's lots more installation photos in this recent thread. If you scroll down a bit in the second page, you can see my photos showing the much better coverage of the Husky on the dead pedal side and the much better coverage of the Weathertech on the accelerator pedal side. Which is better really just depends on where you want the good coverage. Same is true for the passenger side, where the Husky goes up the front further but the Weathertech covers the sides better. I'm still experimenting with both.

Dead pedal liner/cover - my attempt at fixing WeatherTech's shortcoming.

You’re correct, didn’t realize all the additional posts this thread had received since I saw it a few weeks ago - ordered my Husky Liners and didn’t check it again.

Between these two threads most of our floor mat questions should be answered!

There's lots more installation photos in this recent thread. If you scroll down a bit in the second page, you can see my photos showing the much better coverage of the Husky on the dead pedal side and the much better coverage of the Weathertech on the accelerator pedal side. Which is better really just depends on where you want the good coverage. Same is true for the passenger side, where the Husky goes up the front further but the Weathertech covers the sides better. I'm still experimenting with both.

Dead pedal liner/cover - my attempt at fixing WeatherTech's shortcoming.

What's the part # for the husky front liners? I cannot find them for my 2008 LX570.

What's the part # for the husky front liners? I cannot find them for my 2008 LX570.
That’s because Husky does make them to work with 2008-2011 floor mat hooks.

They are for the 2013-current turn buckle floor mat retainer. Some have said the hooks don’t matter as much, because the Huskys have a ton of molded tabs on the bottom that hold them mat in place.

So, the 13-15 yrs will fit, just not the hooks? If there molded right, they should fit welll on my 2008.

So, the 13-15 yrs will fit, just not the hooks? If there molded right, they should fit welll on my 2008.

I know this was a couple of months ago, but I figured it's worth answering for posterity. Yes, the '13+ mats fit perfect in the '08-'12 Cruisers. The hooks do not line up as mentioned, but the mats don't budge even without them. I just put a set (1st and 2nd row) of the '13+ Husky mats in my 2008.

I like the Huskys, but they are not available in gray, which is the color of my carpet. Really don't want black.

I know this was a couple of months ago, but I figured it's worth answering for posterity. Yes, the '13+ mats fit perfect in the '08-'12 Cruisers. The hooks do not line up as mentioned, but the mats don't budge even without them. I just put a set (1st and 2nd row) of the '13+ Husky mats in my 2008.

With the Huskies fitted in a '08-'12 LC200 one OEM floor hook can be utilized per mat - though the argument could me made that they're unnecessary due to the rigid composition of the Husky Liners.

For a finished look, I simply plugged the two unused holes with black plastic plugs from the hardware section at Lowe's.

SOB I ordered weather techs because the husky configurator told me they didn’t make mats for 2018 LC. I have husky in my current 4runner and like them a lot.

Website says they have them for 2016 but not 2017 or 2018 LC. Is this a mistake? I have serious doubts they changed the floorboards!

Last edited:
With the Huskies fitted in a '08-'12 LC200 one OEM floor hook can be utilized per mat - though the argument could me made that they're unnecessary due to the rigid composition of the Husky Liners.

For a finished look, I simply plugged the two unused holes with black plastic plugs from the hardware section at Lowe's.

Did the older style (08-12) mat hooks work OK in the Husky mats? I do know the newer Cruisers that the Husky mats are intended for use a twist-lock style mat retainer rather than the hook style. My 200 did not have OEM hooks in it when I got it, so I'll have to source some for mine.

SOB I ordered weather techs because the husky configurator told me they didn’t make mats for 2018 LC. I have husky in my current 4runner and like them a lot.

Website says they have them for 2016 but not 2017 or 2018 LC. Is this a mistake? I have serious doubts they changed the floorboards!

Speculating here, but I'd bet that the mats will fit and that Husky simply hasn't updated the part number/website since '16.:meh:

Husky fits the ‘17 fine and I’m sure the ‘18 as well.

Thanks guys...now I have to return the weathertech and eat the shipping and handling both ways lol Sounds nuts but I really like the husky in my 4runner.

For my new to me 2009 LX570 I went with the U-Ace product. The full three row set was $120, and the cargo liner another $75. These were both sourced off of Amazon, though it is really hard to find their LX570 order page. I got the cargo liner today and think it's great. It is much more pliable that the weathertech, it doesn't have any smell like a full rubber has. They are really light too!

The fit is excellent. For those who don't use / have removed the 3rd row, the cutouts for the latches are still sealed. One oversight is that the cargo hooks are not cut out, nor is there a dam around them. I marked them through from the factory carpet cargo liner, and am on the fence if I'll cut the slot or not. I think I'll leave them marked for a bit. The cargo liner goes all the way through to under the 2nd row a 1/4".

The tan color is darker/more brown that the carpet, which has a lot of yellow in it in my vehicle. The seats are darker than the carpet (less yellow) but not as brown as the mat. I think it's the right color, I worried about stains and almost ordered black to mitigate, glad I stayed with the main hues in the vehicle. <edit - they're still a bit wavy from being folded in the shipping box, I expect that to flatten out in due order. If not I'll heat them a bit. and fix price>

Pics!

WP_20180329_12_45_54_Pro_LI.jpg

WP_20180329_12_51_56_Pro_LI.jpg

WP_20180329_12_46_07_Pro_LI.jpg

Last edited:
The rest of the U-ace set came in. The 3rd row mat is nearly 100% redundant with the cargo mat. Only a few inches contoured around the 2nd row latches was visible (I put it under the cargo mat). I removed it. I plan to cut it up and use it under the 2nd row where it flips up and cover where my daughter walks getting to the 3rd row.

The 2nd row is perfect. They might go further under the 1st row seats maybe, but the fit is spot on.

The passenger side is ok. Fit is fine, but I was looking to see more up the side of the console.

The driver side is good on the left side, but no coverage at all under the accelerator. It's criminal! I guess your foot is never really UNDER the pedal, but still, I think that could be much better improved.

Overall the full set was $200 and the fit finish is good. The texture is great. It's closer to a carpet feel (soft) than it is rubber (firm). They're water proof, aside from the go pedal issue no regrets.

I have some other pics but my phone isn't syncing them. I'll add them in when I can.

WP_20180329_16_07_35_Pro_LI.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom