Husky vs WeatherTech (1 Viewer)

Husky vs WeatherTech

• Husky

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • WeatherTech

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had WT in my 11 and Husky in my 16. The Husky has more coverage, and they were less expensive. I prefer them more in the 200.

We had Weathertech liners in our 2001 LX. They were around $400 or so for all 3 sets.

They were pretty awful. The front fit ok and did their job.

The middle row was a joke. They never fit right, slid back and forth, curled at almost all of the edges - making it smaller and easier to slide - and not doing their job of protecting the carpets.

The back was ok except it had a little bit of curling in some odd places.

We weren't impressed.

Maybe WT’s production is slipping or something. My second row stays planted and I’ve had zero issues with it. Cargo mat too, though it got pulled for a HE mat without third row cutouts. As far as I can tell they were purchased when the vehicle was new in 2013.

Maybe WT’s production is slipping or something. My second row stays planted and I’ve had zero issues with it. Cargo mat too, though it got pulled for a HE mat without third row cutouts. As far as I can tell they were purchased when the vehicle was new in 2013.
Same here.

WT makes amazing mats but for an off-road vehicle the dead pedal cover being so low is a bit of an Achilles heel.

Plus at least a couple years ago they were very dismissive of requests for a cargo mat without the notches for the third row legs. Maybe that has changed with demand and release of HE and 2-row LXs, but at the time the person I was dealing with was bordering on rude in response to a simple suggestion they consider it.

I called WeatherTech a couple of weeks ago to see about a cargo mat for 200s with the seats removed and got a very similar response. WT is apparently not interested. I saw on another thread that someone was told WT would have to sell 6000 cargo mats to make it worthwhile for them which probably won't happen so I can understand the lack of interest.

I called WeatherTech a couple of weeks ago to see about a cargo mat for 200s with the seats removed and got a very similar response. WT is apparently not interested. I saw on another thread that someone was told WT would have to sell 6000 cargo mats to make it worthwhile for them which probably won't happen so I can understand the lack of interest.
That makes sense. Producing those molds, especially in sizes like that, can’t be cheap.

I am running the huskys in the front and middle rows. They are great, fit and finish is excellent. Already Saved the interior from drink spillage. I tried out the husky 3rd row and didn’t like that it wasn’t very secure and has a smooth backside. Nothing to bite into the carpet like their other liners have. I returned it and am looking at other options for the cargo area.

Last edited:
The Toyota heritage mat is great and is reasonably priced.

I run a mix:
- Husky up front, better dead pedal coverage
- WT second row, better coverage along the side entrance
-WT cargo, because I thought it fit better with the LX third row motor arm.

The Toyota heritage mat is great and is reasonably priced.

I'm actually planning to buy the Lexus version for 2018+ LX570s with no 3rd row. It's more expensive that the Toyota version but apparently heavier duty as well.

Ive bought WT mats in vehicles for the past 10 years. I went husky this time on all 3 rows for my lx570. The husky mats are lighter in color, give more coverage, are more plyable; better in every way, and cheaper. The second row has those little “nails” to keep the mat in place. Terrific coverage. The WT mats are more “brittle”, curl up at the edges, and shift around much more. I will be buying husky mats from now on.

The Husky website does not show any liners that fit the 2008-2011 LX570 when I look. It does show Husky Weatherbeater liners that fit the 2013-2017 LX. Can anyone confirm if the 2013-2017 liners will fit prior years? Not sure if Lexus made any changes to the floor design in 2013.

Husky. I had Weathetech on our 15 Highlander and the edges curled in and Weathertech refused to honor their warranty. I have Husky on the 200 and had an issue with the cargo mat and they replaced it right away.

The Husky website does not show any liners that fit the 2008-2011 LX570 when I look. It does show Husky Weatherbeater liners that fit the 2013-2017 LX. Can anyone confirm if the 2013-2017 liners will fit prior years? Not sure if Lexus made any changes to the floor design in 2013.

I have a 2013 but as far as I am aware the fitment should be the same.

I’ve had husky mats in the LX for 6 years. I don’t think I’ve ever cleaned them, just dump the dirt out, vacuum them yearly after the car gets full of sand dip netting on the beach. I think I’m going to change to MAXpider 3D this fall. Got them for our Tesla and they are well built and fit. Anyone use MAXpider in a 200?

I’ll bet the 13-15 lx liners will fit your truck.

I have a 2013 but as far as I am aware the fitment should be the same.

The change is to the type and location of the mat retainers. 2009-11 were the black clips that the floor mats just slid into. 2013 onwards were the turn clips that lock the mat into place. The 2013+ clips are in a different location than then 09-11. That's the only change. I replaced my 2010 carpet with the 2013-15, and everything but those clips (and the shade of tan) were identical.

So other than the clip/securing locations, the mats will fit perfectly.

The profile of the floor/footwell probably didn't change but what could have is the little anchor tabs. Maybe try to verify those are the same and if so I bet they'll go right in. To be clear I'm not saying they DID change, just that little details like that COULD be why Husky shows a difference.

Alternately, see if the WTs show compatibility across the year models. If so I bet husky is incorrect and will work. If WT also has a split, there was likely a change.

Husky as well here

The profile of the floor/footwell probably didn't change but what could have is the little anchor tabs. Maybe try to verify those are the same and if so I bet they'll go right in. To be clear I'm not saying they DID change, just that little details like that COULD be why Husky shows a difference.

Alternately, see if the WTs show compatibility across the year models. If so I bet husky is incorrect and will work. If WT also has a split, there was likely a change.

I think you are correct. The floor layout should be the same. Based off what @nwfl4runner was mentioning, they changed from slide in clips to turn clips for the 2013 model year of the LX. I assume the Land Cruiser had the same change. I checked my '11 LX and it does indeed have the slide in clips.

Looking at the WeatherTech site, they show a different model number for 08-11 LX/LC than the 13-17 LX/LC. Husky Liners either doesn't make a mat with the correct clips for the 08-11 LX/LC or it has been discontinued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom