Hurricane Creek Ride, June 2-4 2017 with ONSC and LCLC clubs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@GLTHFJ60 was a good convoy commander last time. Maybe he's up for it again?
Johnny will be leading the group from ONSC. Still need a group leader for UC. Everyone will camp together but doubt everyone can go do the excursions at the same time just due to limited parking at places such as Wolf Creek Falls.

I can lead, is the plan to meet at Sierra Nevada with the other clubs? If so we can go over route details and plans with everyone then.

@Beau Diddly , @JToobe and I never came up with a concrete plan.

I propose this. Let's all plan on meeting at the Round Mountain campground at 6:00pm (at the latest). Depending on how many people actually show up, we'll make a plan at that time.

Have you HAMs ready. I'll be monitoring 146.460

I propose this. Let's all plan on meeting at the Round Mountain campground at 6:00pm (at the latest). Depending on how many people actually show up, we'll make a plan at that time.

Sounds good. Whats the estimated travel time from where we jump off I-40 to the Round Mountain campground?

It's a couple of hours. I didn't time it last year I'm going to plan to be on the road towards the rest area by 1pm at the absolute latest so we're at camp on the early side.

90% of the fun of HC is the drive in and I hesitate asking anyone to do it alone (unless they're taking gravel the whole way). I know the "wheeling" is an easy green, but with enough rain, maybe a stock truck could struggle, so I hesitate suggesting anyone wheel alone. I'm open to suggestions, but having two times to gather at the rest stop and go together, e.g., 1:00 and 3:00. If you can't make one of the two times, take the gravel road to Round Mountain. Just a suggestion, thoughts?

Im assuming that he meant for the clubs to meet at the campground. UC plans to travel in a group of 6.

Due to poor planning on my part, I will not be able to make the trip this weekend. My apologies for the late notice.

@Beau Diddly I'm caught up, @ceby is leading the UC group.

Chris, how many trucks from UC total? Between ONSC and LCLC we've got 7 total so far. I thought the groups were bigger, my apologies for the confusion. Is Marshall still tentative? Looks like 4 or 5 from UC, so 12 total from all three clubs?

Chris, PM me your cell number so you Tim and I can get on a call and hammer this out.

Due to the nature of the highway exit, we can't have too many trucks ducking off all at once. Depending on the total number, we can all meet at Sierra Nevada and then all leave for HC at the same time. If it's too many, then we'll have to stagger our highway exit, then meet up on the trail.

Don't worry, no one will be left alone.

@Beau Diddly I'm caught up, @ceby is leading the UC group.

Chris, how many trucks from UC total? Between ONSC and LCLC we've got 7 total so far. I thought the groups were bigger, my apologies for the confusion. Is Marshall still tentative? Looks like 4 or 5 from UC, so 12 total from all three clubs?

Chris, PM me your cell number so you Tim and I can get on a call and hammer this out.

Due to the nature of the highway exit, we can't have too many trucks ducking off all at once. Depending on the total number, we can all meet at Sierra Nevada and then all leave for HC at the same time. If it's too many, then we'll have to stagger our highway exit, then meet up on the trail.

Don't worry, no one will be left alone.
From the looks of it UC is down to 4 members going if Marshall goes. So we may be small enough to run in one group.

Unfortunately I'm out. I haven't been able to get to much need maintenance items that include the PHH and rear heater bypass. I'd hate to have my cooling system give up on the trail. I'd much rather tackle that job on my terms. Sorry gents

Unfortunately I'm out. I haven't been able to get to much need maintenance items that include the PHH and rear heater bypass. I'd hate to have my cooling system give up on the trail. I'd much rather tackle that job on my terms. Sorry gents
You can always bring it by the shop tomorrow and we can get it done. I'm planning on coming. Don't know what vehicle or what kids are coming. Probably bringing the 470. Chris text me later today and we can get a game plan together.

Fun trip for those who have never been. Trails were definitely wet and muddy but never had an issue once. Bug spray is a must!

20170527_153800.jpg

Great views, company, and tacos (in no particular order)!! Hope everyone made it home safe. 189 miles as a group from Sierra Nevada back to the Sierra Nevada exit.

Definatley reinforced some of my wishlist work on the 80. Thinking of new rear springs in the interim because of the rear squat (can barely fit my foot between the tire and fender to mess with tbe rack) Open to suggestions.

That max patch?

This facebook link has a video of an 80 doing the Red Clay Rally on what I believe was that trail section we passed. Not sure how to link the specific video, so you will just have to scroll down. If they didn't have permission to do that, or put any effort into repair, that switchback cut is trashed.

Interesting tidbit, the page belongs to the guy who had the hydrolocked 4Runner at GSMTR.

4runnermods

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom