Howired FJ62 - Ignition Housing Part #? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So... I had an attempted hot wire on myFJ62. The idiots managed to screw up the steering column cover, ignition barrel and ignition housing. I have rigged a new ignition barrel to function (go zip ties!) but a broken ignition key release is not doing it for me. It's a shame some people really suck.

I looked through the parts manuals I have available, searched the internet and of course the forums but couldn't find the part # for the ignition housing.

Any help on the part number and suggestions on sourcing the part would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks ! :)

ignition2.jpg

ignition.jpg

I have a spare steering column, complete. It's of a 60, don't know if the housing is the same on the 62. Also it's grey by the way.

From my search, FJ60 and FJ62 show different part numbers, both discontinued.

I have a spare steering column, complete. It's of a 60, don't know if the housing is the same on the 62. Also it's grey by the way.

Thanks for the input Mongoose!

Beno said the part is the same, but I think I'll try to get just the ignition assembly. An entire 60 steering column assembly is gold and you're likely to get a great price for it. Pretty sure I can get just the ignition assembly.... unless of course you're willing to part it out ??

Now I just got to figure out if I should invest in an alarm or a shotgun;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom