How to maximize deep snow capability? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes boring but better safe than sorry. The pan temp gives us a good look at average core temps once the gears have been lubed. The fluid can be much hotter right out of the converter as it’s routed toward the cooling system but that would be reflected in a pan monitored system and not as much of a concern as the constant core temp.

^^^^^

Agreed, that is precisely why I chose to monitor my temps from that spot. The extra work to install the sensor there I think is well worth the effort.

Properly working and serviced A442F/A343F transmissions run remarkably cool....but as you say are best monitored if you do any towing or hard off-roading.

The A442 is even more boring. I monitor the output temp on my A442 and I very rarely see above 140... Typically its at 120 and in the winter it may even be around 90-100. It's the coolest running trans I've ever experianced.

The A442 is even more boring. I monitor the output temp on my A442 and I very rarely see above 140... Typically its at 120 and in the winter it may even be around 90-100. It's the coolest running trans I've ever experianced.

Its the same with the A343F tranny. I went to town this morning (15 mile drive) and barely hit 100°F temp.

My Wife takes a shower hotter than that by a good bit.

It was reasonably deep for 40s. Deep snow is all about flotation - thats why tracks work well, way more surface area. So if you don’t want to go to a bigger tire then airing down lower is your only other option and beadlocks help with that. And of course max trax etc help consideray to get unstuck. Check out the Kelowna Snow Wheelers for some wild snow wheeling.
Also here are some unsolicited stuck pictures on dedicated snow toys, getting stuck is part of deep snow - therefore tools to get you unstuck are probably just as important or more so. View attachment 2572790View attachment 2572791View attachment 2572792
I was just reading this old post about snow wheeling and saw your sled pics. Just purchased my snowmobiles and went out last week. Awesome experience and look forward to more !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom