460-Add Crawl Control (CC) and Multi Terrain Select (MTS) to 2010-2019 models/all trims (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This CL thread has a good tutorial on adding MTS module behind glovebox.

Yes! That would be perfect to add to the original first post. I couldn't find anything like this

Just checking before I commit to the cost, but the only discount on this is the shipping code? GXORFIFTYOFF ? Anything helps at $500 for a switch.

Any other options out there?

TIA

Just checking before I commit to the cost, but the only discount on this is the shipping code? GXORFIFTYOFF ? Anything helps at $500 for a switch.

Any other options out there?

TIA

Crawl control is probably the best thing you could do if you go offroad. I watched a YouTube video where a guy who runs an off-road vehicle building shop spent 60k to build an old lexus with 4runner and Tacoma front end parts and 35s with lockers. After he mentioned the cost he jokingly mentioned the lockers were a waste. He said he never used the lockers and crawl control works just as good. At the end the guy interviewing him asked if he would have done anything different and he said he wouldn't have put in front and rear lockers since it already drives like it has them and he never used them. It was a offroading channel.
From that point on my goal was crawl control in a Lexus. since my wife wanted a luxury SUV and I wasn't going to let her get junk BMW, Mercedes, or Acura. Acura and Honda are being sued in Europe bc their 4x4 options can't even drive the car off of dino rollers in 4WD. And BMW and Mercedes need a new head gasket every 50k. I wanted a Jeep for offroading, she wanted quiet and reliable and luxury. Now we have a Lexus w a lift, 33" tires, and it's capable to actually really go offroading. If you don't want to go to a park or trail then don't spend the $500

If you do then there is a link in the OP to make the switch your self, but you still need the $190 computer/module.

Last edited:
If you have a 10-13 you can get the MTS module for around ~$150/shipped directly from Japan

There is a link in the OP to make the switch your self, but you still need the $190 computer/module.

Crawl control is probably the best thing you could do if you go offroad. I watched a YouTube video where a guy who runs an off-road vehicle building shop spent 60k to build an old lexus with 4runner and Tacoma front end parts and 35s with lockers. After he mentioned the cost he jokingly mentioned the lockers were a waste. He said he never used the lockers and crawl control works just as good. At the end the guy interviewing him asked if he would have done anything different and he said he wouldn't have put in front and rear lockers since it already drives like it has them and he never used them. It was a offroading channel.
From that point on my goal was crawl control in a Lexus. since my wife wanted a luxury SUV and I wasn't going to let her get junk BMW, Mercedes, or Acura. Acura and Honda are being sued in Europe bc their 4x4 options can't even drive the car off of dino rollers in 4WD. And BMW and Mercedes need a new head gasket every 50k. I wanted a Jeep for offroading, she wanted quiet and reliable and luxury. Now we have a Lexus w a lift, 33" tires, and it's capable to actually really go offroading. If you don't want to go to a park or trail then don't spend the $500

If you do then there is a link in the OP to make the switch your self, but you still need the $190 computer/module.

Yep Motorhead Japan emailed me the quote for the module and also verified they can't get the switch. bc of covid they said it was sea shipping only so I spent the extra money to fix it this month.

Did he say what part of process failed?

Calibration guide is here

A common failure point is forgetting to hit the Crawl ON/OFF button at the end of Zero Point before exiting process in TS. This lets vehicle know it is equipped with crawl.

Does anyone know what category the zero point calibration is in under in techstream. I'm hoping to find directions, this link isn't working, it's just a blank pdf. I'm not interested in doing the paperclip methods thanks tho ;)

Does it have a different name in techstream?

I can't find a video or details on how to do it.

I just don't want to spend 30 minutes trying to find it in the program in the hot summer sun and run the battery dead and forget to hit the button at the end like in the quote or miss some other detail

Post #24 in CL thread

Utility Selection Menu while in ABS/VSC/TRC

I haven't been in the area now in a couple years and originally did mine on like TS Version 12. What version of TS are you using?

Post #24 in CL thread

I haven't been in the area now in a couple years and originally did mine on like TS Version 12. What version of TS are you using?

12.2 I think it was but maybe I should try 13. Not seeing remote start toggle anywhere either

Just found the CL ZPC in TS link after an hour of reading/searching

also thanks for info you rock!

Post #24 in CL thread

I did the reset and followed the CL directions then hit the crawl button before I cycled it off. Still no crawl

Thanks again for your help today

Personally... I did my crawl with TS but many have now done it with OBD/Wire method.

Are you saying you tried TS and it failed or you are going to at this point?

In on position not running,
I went to abs/vsc/trac, reset memory, utility, next next, it said to turn it off then wait 3 seconds then turn it back on. So I hit the crawl button, hit off, waited 3, turned on, foot on pedal then started

Then I did a health check then did the above again. And nothing. I can go into MTS but can't get to the crawl menu when I hit the button. I must be messing something up

So the first part is to reset and then the second piece sets ZPC.

Notice above was Reset Memory and now below it is Test Mode.

Trying hitting crawl button at the end of these steps before turning off

Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 1.40.51 PM.png

View attachment 2383360

Great Sucesssssss

Awesome thanks, had to do the test part. I threw a code too bc I didn't do the test part. Now all is good

View attachment 2383360

These should be added to the Original Post and a link to the paperclip method for others down the road. Just so you don't have to read 13 pages to get to this techstream solve. Best mod ever

So I ordered MTS for 2017. But keeping my Decent Control and have not installed crawl control.
Anyone else running with MTS but no crawl control?

So I ordered MTS for 2017. But keeping my Decent Control and have not installed crawl control.
Anyone else running with MTS but no crawl control?

I am running with MTS (2017 GX Premium) with no crawl control. MTS has worked well for off road (moderate trails, moguls, snow, etc.).
Only used DAC/Downhill assist a few times on steeper declines (and once on a steep incline, but in reverse back down the hill, just testing it's functionality) and it worked well too. If I ever get to going off road on the larger rocks/boulders, may add crawl control, since it works uphill, but it may be a while since my GX is my daily driver (80% on road).

I've seen quite a few run without crawl. It can be run with just crawl, just MTS and of course both.

DAC is really just neutered crawl. DAC only does brakes but Crawl can operate accelerator as well. Both can work in forward/reverse

Fixed speed with DAC and 5 speeds with Crawl as seen below.

Speed limits

4.png

not much information from oemvehicleparts about my shipment after a week or so. Not much response either.
Wonder if they are still operating. Purchased with discount listed here. Wonder if they are unable to ship

not much information from oemvehicleparts about my shipment after a week or so. Not much response either.
Wonder if they are still operating. Purchased with discount listed here. Wonder if they are unable to ship

Same for me maybe 2 weeks to ship and couple days to arrive, but half the price of the local dealership

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom