How bad is your gas mileage? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

city/hwy mix i get around 10.5-11mpg. All highway on road trips I get around 13mpg. Towing our 30ft boat I get around 7-8mpg.

Wouldn’t it help to run a SL tire vs an E for better MPG? For instance and I have no experience with this tire but General Grabber APT makes a 275/70/18 that weighs 42lbs with a decent speed rating of 112mph. That’s gotta be better vs. a E rated A/T in similar size such as the Ridge grappler or KO2. Also, removing racks on your roof if you almost never use them. They look cool but if you’re only using them to store maxx trax and a shovel to the mall, it seems a little silly.

Wouldn’t it help to run a SL tire vs an E for better MPG? For instance and I have no experience with this tire but General Grabber APT makes a 275/70/18 that weighs 42lbs with a decent speed rating of 112mph. That’s gotta be better vs. a E rated A/T in similar size such as the Ridge grappler or KO2. Also, removing racks on your roof if you almost never use them. They look cool but if you’re only using them to store maxx trax and a shovel to the mall, it seems a little silly.
This truck is for wheeling. I go to the mall less times per year than to the trails.

This truck is for wheeling. I go to the mall less times per year than to the trails.
Bless your heart. :clap:
My 200 knows the way to every mall and supermarket in the area by heart.:meh: It practically cried for joy the time I took it on a combo bird and moose hunting trip.

Last edited:
Bless your heart. :clap:
My 200 knows the way to every mall and supermarket in the area by heart.:meh: It practically cried for joy the time I took it on a combo bird and moose hunting trip.
I'm finding it hard to come up with a decent response here. I don't understand the need to call someone out who bought their truck for off roading. I generally try to have thick skin on here but for some reason this annoys the hell out of me. Have a Happy 4th.

I'm finding it hard to come up with a decent response here. I don't understand the need to call someone out who bought their truck for off roading. I generally try to have thick skin on here but for some reason this annoys the hell out of me. Have a Happy 4th.
Never my intent to annoy anyone, not my thing.
Opposite of calling out. I'm jealous, wish I could do more off roading with my 200, my new(er) to me 80 series gets the off roading now.

Opposite of calling out. I'm jealous, wish I could do more off roading with my 200, my new(er) to me 80 series gets the off roading now.
Appreciate your humor and humility! Even if others do not…ha! :rofl:

I don't even own a 200 but just wanted to mention that we have pretty much the highest fuel prices in Canada here but I have noticed that the price of No Ethanol gas is much closer to the price of ethanol gas than it used to be. It used to cost like 10% more for premium but now it's more like 4%. For me the extra mileage makes it worth it to pump the premium because ethanol sucks a$$

I don't even own a 200 but just wanted to mention that we have pretty much the highest fuel prices in Canada here but I have noticed that the price of No Ethanol gas is much closer to the price of 10% ethanol gas than it used to be. It used to cost like 10% more for premium but now it's more like 4%. For me the extra mileage makes it worth it to pump the premium because ethanol sucks a$$
No ethanol 93oct. is $5.38 while regular gas is $4.49 or premium is 4.98. I haven’t found low grade non-ethanol.

Holy s*** so maybe not worth it there. We have 0%, 5% and 10% ethanol gas here. I don't know the prices at the moment but last fill up no eth was only 5% more than 10% ethanol crap and the time before that it was 4% more.

Thanks- sorry if I took it the wrong way- "Bless your heart" is a complicated expression. I am envious of your bird and moose hunting trip and hope to have such an opportunity someday. Sincere cheers for the 4th!

Holy s*** so maybe not worth it there. We have 0%, 5% and 10% ethanol gas here. I don't know the prices at the moment but last fill up no eth was only 5% more than 10% ethanol crap and the time before that it was 4% more.
Gas prices unnecessarily high but will leave it at that. What I don’t understand is why my area they use 93 grade non-ethanol fuel unless it’s intended for farm equipment which we have a lot of around here but it sure would be nice to have 87 non-ethanol which would make the price much more reasonable. I’ve never seen 5% ethanol. Either way, I don’t like ethanol. I just purchased a lawn mover and will only use non-ethanol in it as recommended by my local small engine shop.

"Bless your heart" is a complicated expression.
I’m a southern country boy and can confirm that this is either rudely telling someone to go pleasure themselves or an empathetic response to hearing someone’s misfortune. Intent is typically discerned through body language and tone and only someone who likes to live dangerously would use it in text form.

See here in Texas we always took it to be a nice way of telling someone they were stupid/slow lol.

UPS tries to keep trucks turning only right to save fuel, we need a map app that guides us to the most downhill options to use neutral.

I’m a southern country boy and can confirm that this is either rudely telling someone to go pleasure themselves or an empathetic response to hearing someone’s misfortune. Intent is typically discerned through body language and tone and only someone who likes to live dangerously would use it in text form.
TY, I learned something new. Sweet sounding colloquialism fraught with meanings an idiot (me) didn't know about :bang:
Talk about "slow" I wrote the book on it:slap:

TY, I learned something new. Sweet sounding colloquialism fraught with meanings an idiot (me) didn't know about :bang:
I was thinking I might want to give you some leeway on this one when I saw your West Coast location. I grew up on the West Coast and didn't learn the "real" meaning of the expression until I moved to Virginia and worked with Southerners at work. It's a very tricky expression...

Now to keep this thread on tech- I still seem to be averaging around 9mpg for the first 40 miles of my second tank for this new to me 200. I think it's got to be the city traffic I'm dealing with around here in DC when I'm heading out to Virginia. Here's a typical view:

tempImageVIji7w.png

You just illustrated the beauty of the phrase. Southerners often use it on outsiders who assume it’s meant nicely all the while they are being told off to the entertainment of everyone else in the room… they are the joke and don’t even realize it. Your using it was likely read the way you intended by half of those who read it, another 25% thought you were being a jerk and the other 25% are red neck enough to get the intent through the text.

Now you know how it works so if you’re a yankee type you must promise to keep the secret.

I was thinking I might want to give you some leeway on this one when I saw your West Coast location. I grew up on the West Coast and didn't learn the "real" meaning of the expression until I moved to Virginia and worked with Southerners at work. It's a very tricky expression...

Now to keep this thread on tech- I still seem to be averaging around 9mpg for the first 40 miles of my second tank for this new to me 200. I think it's got to be the city traffic I'm dealing with around here in DC when I'm heading out to Virginia. Here's a typical view:

View attachment 3050279
Between traffic and your bumper you kinda hosed… stop and go traffic will lower your MPG and when you’re at speed when you’d normally be making up the difference your exposed tires are a massive drag you engine has to push.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom