Hood rest pads? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can OEM hood rest pads 5334990351 still be ordered or is there a replacement for these, 34 in this photo?

SOLO also looks to be out of stock.

113D.gif

Last edited:
I bought a set from Slo Cruisers and ended up cutting half the thickness off just to get the hood to latch down properly, and keep the rear ones closet to the hinges from binding. You could probably make your own out of a thicker stock of rubber.

J Mack,

Do you have any at all? I have some old ones you can have for a pattern.

Thanks Ron, yes I have the old ones. All my screws were rusted and I had to peel the bumpers off the screws to get vice grips on the heads to remove them, had I thought to look to see that these are no longer available I would have drilled the screws instead :doh:

I need to put an order into McMaster Carr for some other stuff so I'll add a chunk of rubber to my order and whittle some out.

Well that sucks.

I ran across this. Not specific for the application, but MIGHT work. They do restoration projects and have been told by a local restoration shop that they can male just about anything, including weather stripping for our PIGS!!!

I ran across this. Not specific for the application, but MIGHT work. They do restoration projects and have been told by a local restoration shop that they can male just about anything, including weather stripping for our PIGS!!!

Who?

I am taking my Pig to the restoration body shop first. They use Steele City a lot and they may tell me wether or not they will be able to use tremor not for the Pig.

if anyone wants measurements for a pattern let me know. i have some that are rock hard but will work well enough to take measurements from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom