Hood Blackout Panel Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Received mine today, instructions say to have the truck and ambient at 60-80F... ummmmm Central Oregon is unlikely to see that for another 4-5 months... what happens if it is 45? Am I stuck waiting? (and no I can not get in my garage to bring up with space heaters, it's full of KISS Drawer protos, bits, orders and such;)

Well I finally got around to putting mine on today. It's the first champagne pearl I've seen with the hood black out panel so might as well post it right?? You can faintly see the center-outward squeegee marks but those will fade away. I can get more photos in the daytime tomorrow

FullSizeRender(3).jpg

FullSizeRender(1).jpg

IMG_0256.JPG

Well I finally got around to putting mine on today. It's the first champagne pearl I've seen with the hood black out panel so might as well post it right?? You can faintly see the center-outward squeegee marks but those will fade away. I can get more photos in the daytime tomorrow
Looks great! My ChampPearl is too dang cold to do this right now, and no way I'm fitting in the garage so no idea when I will be able to put it on... ;( At least now I know what mine will look like, thx!

@cruzerDave Thats unfortunate, now that I look at Oregons weather it looks like yalls relentless winter months are upon you! Hopefully you can find a break in the weather to get it done. I love the way mine turned out!

A couple more pics while posing with my dad's 4Runner. I guess I gave him the itch because he's been searching the Internet all afternoon for a 5th Gen vinyl panel to do his! The thing I really love about this is Trevor gives you plennnnty of extra material to play around with or use in another application. I am considering peeling the chipped plastidip off the chrome trim piece on the side and using some leftover vinyl to replace it and give it a matching look.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Has anyone else put theirs on? Wouldn't mind seeing how it looks on different colors

I want one, where can we go to purchase

@cruzerDave Thats unfortunate, now that I look at Oregons weather it looks like yalls relentless winter months are upon you! Hopefully you can find a break in the weather to get it done. I love the way mine turned out!

Pop your hood off and bring it inside. It's only a handful of bolts.

Can we buy these still? I looked page to page 1 but didn't see any instructions for potential new buyers.

Please advise - thank you!

Can we buy these still? I looked page to page 1 but didn't see any instructions for potential new buyers.

Please advise - thank you!
I've tried to reach them. No response. Maybe another group buy is necessary. I'm in if anybody else knows how to get it going

And for those wondering if it's worth it... if you have a light colored truck, IMHO:
sunrise at work.PNG

Ahellyah

(just remember to hook up BOTH washer hoses if you take your hood off - at least that's what my er "friend" told me)

1/2 hour after putting the blackout panel on, I had to run an errand - due west at about 5:30pm. It was so nice not seeing two suns. I have a feeling the blackout panel is going to be like tinted windows for me - every car, truck will have one. It's that nice when the sun is low.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-07%20at%2010.30.50%20AM.png

Installation was easy. But it's definitely a two-person job, because of the size of the vinyl.

I would also like to have one if ever available again

Love mine as well, it definitely helps out with reducing the glare.

IMG_0266.jpg

I'm also in if there's a second group buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom