Holley Sniper install kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m planning to install a Holley Sniper on my 78 2F. I’ve read lots of positives about Mosley Motors and the complete kit they sell. I’m ready to pull the trigger, but they have not responded to multiple emails that I have sent over the past few weeks? Anyone else have this issue? What other vendors would you recommend that can supply a complete kit with all of the needed parts to make for a smooth install. I did sent Redline an email this morning.

i purchased mine directly through Holley (master kit) and it arrived within a week. Really happy with it, im getting ready to purchase the hyperspark dizzy, will more likely purchase from Holley as well.

Hopefully you hear back from Cam at Mosley. I got the complete kit from him earlier this spring for my 78' and it is legit. Everything was there and it was pretty easy to install. Have you reached out to him on here?

Hopefully you hear back from Cam at Mosley. I got the complete kit from him earlier this spring for my 78' and it is legit. Everything was there and it was pretty easy to install. Have you reached out to him on here?
Does the kit have absolutely everything you need plug and play?

i purchased mine directly through Holley (master kit) and it arrived within a week. Really happy with it, im getting ready to purchase the hyperspark dizzy, will more likely purchase from Holley as well.
I'm almost to that same point, doing similar - I picked up their Hyperspark distributor for the GM 6 cylinder, but I did need to modify it just a whiff to fit the 2F oil pump. Should be nice, though - not far off from the OEM small-cap distributor (compared to an HEI).

I'm almost to that same point, doing similar - I picked up their Hyperspark distributor for the GM 6 cylinder, but I did need to modify it just a whiff to fit the 2F oil pump. Should be nice, though - not far off from the OEM small-cap distributor (compared to an HEI).

You should post up when you get that figured out..I know a few people were wanting to add hyperspark, but I dont think anyone has pulled it off yet.

If the Hyperspark is for a GM motor, is the drive gear going to be an issue? See post #10 -> click here <-

So my personal dilemma was I bought a 1987 2F out of a Fj60 to replace the terrible 350 SBC from the PO. However, I needed to source a OEM carburetor as I had a piece of chinese junk. After that I would have to have the carb rebuilt and then find all of the additional parts that goes with it to make it complete. By putting in a Sniper unit I bypassed that altogether and get to open one box with all of the needed parts, hoses, clamps, brackets, electrical etc. and in my opinion have a more reliable better running system. The cost was probably 2x what finding all of the original parts would have been but 10x less hassel and I think much better performance and useability.

OP.....@FJ60Cam is his mud handle. Try PM him as well. He prefers email on his website by choice and for the right reasons to focus on his work. Others may not like this business approach, but I get why does it the way he chooses. As seen from above, he does first rate work.

I’m planning to install a Holley Sniper on my 78 2F. I’ve read lots of positives about Mosley Motors and the complete kit they sell. I’m ready to pull the trigger, but they have not responded to multiple emails that I have sent over the past few weeks? Anyone else have this issue? What other vendors would you recommend that can supply a complete kit with all of the needed parts to make for a smooth install. I did sent Redline an email this morning.

What questions do you have? I can try to answer here.

Purchases are made on the site only, and I try and leave updates about backorders there.

Does the kit have absolutely everything you need plug and play?
Yes, with the exception of any additional wire or final wire connections to the truck. I would not call it plug and play, but there’s no major fabrication involved. It’s a :banana::banana: job. It is a series of small steps, none of which are very complicated.

@macdaddy59 Any thoughts on this upgrade? Worth the cost?
Interested too!

I'm assuming Cam is really busy, I've called, emailed, etc. about a hi-po 2f for several weeks now and no reply.

Very. I’ve been trying to respond this thread for 5 hours, but the interruptions are constant.

We are a small operation and everyone has a hands-on job. There is zero free time. I took the phone number off the site a long time ago because it is impossible to answer phone calls. I’m trying to grow enough for a full time phone & email answerer/service writer, but we’re not quite there yet. We also need a bigger building, more highly skilled technicians, etc.

We’ve added a work request form to the site to filter out incoming service work & motor build requests from the general inbox, and we can build an estimate from there. If I can convince you to give it another try, fill out one of those and I’ll respond within a few days.

In the meantime, if anybody needs a job, c’mon over!

I
What questions do you have? I can try to answer here.

Purchases are made on the site only, and I try and leave updates about backorders there.

Yes, with the exception of any additional wire or final wire connections to the truck. I would not call it plug and play, but there’s no major fabrication involved. It’s a :banana::banana: job. It is a series of small steps, none of which are very complicated.

Interested too!

Very. I’ve been trying to respond this thread for 5 hours, but the interruptions are constant.

We are a small operation and everyone has a hands-on job. There is zero free time. I took the phone number off the site a long time ago because it is impossible to answer phone calls. I’m trying to grow enough for a full time phone & email answerer/service writer, but we’re not quite there yet. We also need a bigger building, more highly skilled technicians, etc.

We’ve added a work request form to the site to filter out incoming service work & motor build requests from the general inbox, and we can build an estimate from there. If I can convince you to give it another try, fill out one of those and I’ll respond within a few days.

In the meantime, if anybody needs a job, c’mon over!
I am in Canada, your website says that I need to send an email to order vs doing so on the site. I have sent a few trying to do exactly that. I’m just a guy who wants to send a bunch of $ your way and to be driving my cruiser this summer with a smooth running 2F. If you have to much on your plate so deal with out of country orders, no worries, just let me know.

thank you

I

I am in Canada, your website says that I need to send an email to order vs doing so on the site. I have sent a few trying to do exactly that. I’m just a guy who wants to send a bunch of $ your way and to be driving my cruiser this summer with a smooth running 2F. If you have to much on your plate so deal with out of country orders, no worries, just let me know.

thank you

We have recently added Canada as a shipping destination, though the site does not currently calculate shipping. I will go hunt down your email and give you a shout!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom