HJ61 12HT overheating issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Br3ntfire :

Did you buy you water pump at Cruiserpart ?

May you give me info about the Aisian water pump, like, the part number to see if I can get it up here in Canada ?

EDIT : After few search, I found a that the Aisin part # may be WTP-051 and some website show some intrerchange :

WPT-051,AISIN WPT-051; Water Pump
dfhdfhdfhd.jpg

And http://cars25.ru/ckeditor_assets/attachments/187/aisin_catalogue_water_pump_2014.pdf
«dff.jpg

+

srtysthshsh.jpg

... but show an invalide OEM toyota part #

Any thought ?

Last edited:
I didn't actually end up doing the replacement yet. But here's the link to the water pump for the 12 H-T (although if you're driving a BJ70, you'll need a different part.) Water Pump for the HJ60 and HJ61 [WPT-051] - $62.75 : CruiserParts.net, Toyota Landcruiser Parts

@Br3ntfire :

Did you buy you water pump at Cruiserpart ?

May you give me info about the Aisian water pump, like, the part number to see if I can get it up here in Canada ?

EDIT : After few search, I found a that the Aisin part # may be WTP-051 and some website show some intrerchange :

WPT-051,AISIN WPT-051; Water Pump
View attachment 1521646

And http://cars25.ru/ckeditor_assets/attachments/187/aisin_catalogue_water_pump_2014.pdf
View attachment 1521647

+

View attachment 1521648

... but show an invalide OEM toyota part #

Any thought ?

Well, I do not drive a BJ70 anymore... since several years now !

For the benefit of the community, know that the AISIN WTP-051 ( WTP051 ) is a direct replacement part for the 2H and 12HT

When I started trying to solve my overheating on my turbo 2H I took the rad to a rad shop and they opened it up and it was close to a third plugged up. I ended up getting the core replaced with a staggered 4 core. My rad probably was original so 32 yrs old. The new core did not solve my problem, that is another story, if your interested you can check out my thread AK HJ-75, or something like that :) in the 70 section, I think I got it fixed now though.

I have a new 4 core ( new few years old now ) rad and fresh pump and fresh everything .. and I can still overhead it ( Tencha ) if I want it.

12ht and 2h are different animals for sure, since going DI 12HT, 14psi manifold, extra 2.5 turns of fuel 3" thick intercooler directly in front of radiator and condenser, needle doesn't move from the bottom of normal in mr T's guage,
rest of cooling sytem is exactly the same as per 2h. could easily get to 3/4 guage + with pre turbo egts in the 700+c range, stock settings 12ht was 750 now modded, 600 or less.
2h makes the heat in the head and cannot deal with it in turbocharged form

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom