HFS vs. OME lift kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks brian.

@1911
Thanks for the info. I haven't changed much on the truck in years and I'm pretty happy with they way it is right now. So I think that's all ok. Just got to decide if it's worth the extra money as far as smooth/soft ride goes. If I knew Alcan springs were better I wouldn't hesitate to spend the extra $$$.

@1911
Thanks for the info. I haven't changed much on the truck in years and I'm pretty happy with they way it is right now. So I think that's all ok. Just got to decide if it's worth the extra money as far as smooth/soft ride goes. If I knew Alcan springs were better I wouldn't hesitate to spend the extra $$$.

Better is pretty subjective. I wouldn't say they're the be-all and end-all of leaf springs, but they will make whatever you want if you know exactly what you want. If you don't need something specific and custom, your money will go farther somewhere else.

What made you decide to get springs from Alcan? Was there something specific you wanted? What did you use for shackles, shocks and bushings?

What made you decide to get springs from Alcan? Was there something specific you wanted? What did you use for shackles, shocks and bushings?

I wanted a 3" lift not a 4", and I knew that I was putting on front and rear steel bumpers, a heavy winch, a skid plate, etc. and would be carrying jerry cans, tools and supplies for a week at a time off-road, with a passenger. It's a pretty stiff ride without all that extra weight of a 4WD trip. :meh:

I bought extended anti-inversion shackles from either Man-A-Fre or Spector, I forget which now. Bilstein shocks, Alcan supplied the poly bushings.

👍 good things to know. Thanks.

Is that on the front?
Do you have measurements for the rear?

Is that on the front?
Do you have measurements for the rear?
Front, still have my old OME’s in the rear. I’m top off with winch and bumper up front so more weight up front. Rears are right at 21” DS and 21.5” PS. Truck sits level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom