Help with gozzard tub installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought this tub a few years back, finally getting around to installing it and I have no idea what I'm doing.

I have no instructions and its not the simple bolt on I had hoped.

I have a few questions I was hoping the community could help with.

How do I mount things to the firewall? There are no mounting holes. Does everything on the firewall need to be through bolted?

20220116_145156.jpg

Also as you can see around the firewall it requires sealing, the previous owner poorly splattered fiberglass to try and seal it. Can I use some sort of "caulking" to bind the panels together?

Thirdly, there are no body mount holes or mounting points. The previous owner poorly fibreglasses some plywood under the body. Do gozzard tubs require mounting points to be added or is this the previous owners attempt to give the tub a body lift. Should I get rid of these or fiberglass them into the body.

20220116_145122.jpg

This is a pretty big undertaking for me, I appreciate any and all help. Currently I have zero fiberglass skills.

Do you still have the old tub? If so you want to duplicate all the mounting hole locations and reuse the brackets from the old tub. If you don't have the old tube you are working the dark with your eyes taped shut!

Do you still have the old tub? If so you want to duplicate all the mounting hole locations and reuse the brackets from the old tub. If you don't have the old tube you are working the dark with your eyes taped shut!
Your idea is great, I never even considered that idea. Thank you
I do still have the old tub, its pretty rotten. So how do i attach the old mounting points to the new tub, do I just encapsulate them in fiberglass?

Have you tried contacting them? Maybe they have install instructions.

The product page has a little bit of info. Make sure you have all the bits that should have come with it.

I’d use the old tub to make a template for all the holes in the firewall and thru bolt everything

Check out my build

finally done - 5yr 79fj40 gozzard parts build​

for some ideas. What year is your cruiser (gas tank in or out)?
Hang onto that old tub until you are done as you will want to make many references.
Good luck.

From the inside of the firewall , you should see all the holes location

Keep the old tub to duplicate all the mounting holes and heater and gromets location

I did two gozzard in the early 2000
I will take some pics of the body mounts for you
I would truly appreciate that. I need all the help I can get right now

Gozard tubs are solid units.checkout this guy on Instagram he has built a couple he just relocated to Alberta theoriginalcrushers on insta
Or crushersrule on mud here. He built a couple gozzard rigs
Wayne is is name , he may be to busy to chat I don’t know.

Last edited:
Anyone know what mechanisms are needed for the rear door windows? Special cut glass for the window?
Do the side vents go into the cab? look like they are in the engine compartment in the pictures.

Thanks! I missed that being so focused on the kick vent, but clearly see it now!
Plently of room to move it closer to the door. Looks like they kept side vents and kick vents spaced the same when the cowl was extended.

Did you contact Mike at Gozzards?
I'm sure he would be more than happy to help out.
I did contact Mike, he gave me the installation instructions. He seemed more than willing to help with any issues i may have. The instructio s are pretty vague and he admits it. There are many ways to go about mounting the tub.
Unfortunately I got crippled with snow last week, and the tub is now buried under 2ft of snow and ice, ill have to wait for a good thaw before I can get at this project.

When I did my tub I just placed it on the frame, measured a couple hundred times around and then marked the holes from underneath.
When I got my tub the P.O. had only put bed liner on the bottom. No other holes were cut. I have no idea if he had done any work on the bottom before the bed liner. It was a slow process with constant measuring and fitting. I found most of the cut out marks moulded into the tub were pretty accurate. It is very time consuming but at least I wont have to worry about the tub rusting out. Windshield frame and front pieces are steel.
I also have a Malotte Tub on another one. It was all done when I got it although I had to do some final fit work.
The Gozzard is a much better quality than the Malotte.
20220122_130937.jpg
20220122_131041.jpg

When I did my tub I just placed it on the frame, measured a couple hundred times around and then marked the holes from underneath.
When I got my tub the P.O. had only put bed liner on the bottom. No other holes were cut. I have no idea if he had done any work on the bottom before the bed liner. It was a slow process with constant measuring and fitting. I found most of the cut out marks moulded into the tub were pretty accurate. It is very time consuming but at least I wont have to worry about the tub rusting out. Windshield frame and front pieces are steel.
I also have a Malotte Tub on another one. It was all done when I got it although I had to do some final fit work.
The Gozzard is a much better quality than the Malotte.View attachment 2902027View attachment 2902028
Would you be willing to show a close up of the a pillar body mounts from top and bottom. And the rear body mount top and bottom.
Did you use a chunk of body lift rubber for body mounts? Or did you use stock body mounts with spacers to level it?

20220122_140056.jpg

From the top are grade 8 bolts with washers. The angle bracket is thick aluminum. The spacers are Energy Suspension parts. It was a body
20220122_140056.jpg
20220122_140133.jpg
mount kit. Worked pretty good for this even though they were designed for the steel OEM body.

20220122_140212.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom