Help with adjusting the glove box to obtain proper fit after removal and reinstallation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am dealing with the ubiquitous leaking evaporator enclosure issue. Last night, I removed the glove box to rule out the heater core as the source of liquid on my floor mat and confirm it was the evaporator enclosure.

When reinstalling my glove box, I was unable to get it to fit correctly. The latch now gets caught when the glove box is opened and closed, and it looks like the glove box door is sitting approximately 1/4 in lower than intended. The elastic string is attached to the glove box, and the two screws that attach the hinges appear to be positioned correctly.

I monkeyed around with it for ever last night and finally called it quits when it was time to go to bead. I'm far from an expert with respect to this stuff, but I have a handle on the basic concepts. I tried every conceivable combination of loosening and tightening screws with the glove box both open and closed, but none of my efforts resulted in a properly fitting glove box. What am I missing here?

in researching this issue, I found several threads containing complaints concerning ill fitting glove boxes but no suggestions on how to fix it.

Last edited:
Me too. Once every so often mine pops open by itself going over a bump. Or worried that bulb will drain battery. Watching this thread.

Had the problem and I found "alternate" screw holes in the plastic tangs to which one attaches the lower mounts of the door.

I found I almost needed 3 hands to make it fit correctly. This involved it (the door) being latched at the top with the bottom held up in position, all the while getting one of the lower mounting screws started in its proper hole. The 3rd hand was replaced by using a magnetic tipped screwdriver.

I suggest pulling the door again and seeing if you too have a second set of mounting holes.

This worked for me anyway.

Mine sags lower in the top right corner than it does the top left, kinda sits at a very slight tilt creating a gap. Seems like a few others have experienced this as well

Glove Box Sagging and Not Dampened...

Had the problem and I found "alternate" screw holes in the plastic tangs to which one attaches the lower mounts of the door.

By "alternate," do you mean you created new holes that resulted in a proper fit, or was there actually more than one set of wholes?

By "alternate," do you mean you created new holes that resulted in a proper fit, or was there actually more than one set of wholes?

There was more than one set of holes (two to be exact). When I put the screws into the upper set of holes the problem was fixed. Expect most would not have the same problem, just something to look at as a potential cheap (free) fix.

Nice, as a new owner myself... I was looking a the glove box last night and wondering why it looked a little "off".

There was more than one set of holes (two to be exact). When I put the screws into the upper set of holes the problem was fixed. Expect most would not have the same problem, just something to look at as a potential cheap (free) fix.
I found something similar, it felt to me that the upper holes held the screws more firmly. Once I got it on properly I didn't explore the issue further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom