HELP! They want to total my truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a Lexus LX450 with 200k miles. Its in pretty nice shape, considering... and a tank. OK someone tried to steal it and busted the sunroof track. I called my ins, and took it to Van Collision. They estimated over 4k to repair it and the ins co decides that its enough to total the truck. They will either give me 4k and a salvage title (for a sunroof) or 6 k to leave it. I don't like either option and would appreciate this groups opinions and things I may have not thought of yet! Bring it on!

I see you just joined, welcome, this is a great group. Don't let this be a one time visit!

Will they provide doc's stating the salvage title is due to only the sunroof? If so, given the vintage, in this particular scenario, I'd swap my normal title for $4k and keep the rig.

All that said, if you sell it, it'll probably go to someone round here and if the paper trail etc is in order and verifiable regarding the title, I wouldn't see the issue, ymmv.

I'd get a second and a third estimate on the repair. Maybe there is another shop with better prices. Legends collision has a good rep.

I replaced the sunroof track and it's not that difficult. Dropping the headliner is probably the hardest part and you need two people to do it.

I have a Lexus LX450 with 200k miles. Its in pretty nice shape, considering... and a tank. OK someone tried to steal it and busted the sunroof track. I called my ins, and took it to Van Collision. They estimated over 4k to repair it and the ins co decides that its enough to total the truck. They will either give me 4k and a salvage title (for a sunroof) or 6 k to leave it. I don't like either option and would appreciate this groups opinions and things I may have not thought of yet! Bring it on!

Sounds like you got a nuisance quote, i.e. They really don't want to mess with it. Just buy a used one and swap it in. Or is there more damage that isn't mentioned?

TOYOTA LAND CRUISER part out 1992 + 1996 - FJ80 + FZJ80

bring its to "murf" at Camelback Toyota for an independent quote

bring its to "murf" at Camelback Toyota for an independent quote
I imagine it can be done for less than 4k! Pm me if youre interested, I have an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom