Help. On the verge of despair 1FZ-FE overheating on flat highway over 60 miles (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The tap water isn't even that big of a concern. Yes, it's better to use distilled to fill the system if you have it, but how much solid material do you think is in your tap water? And flushing with distilled is a hilarious notion. People act like tap water is going to plug your cooling system on contact. Think logically.

x187 on temps sound fine. Save the despair for when you actually have an issue.[/QUOTE

Tap water in Israel are very hard and salty total no no for engine
coolant
IMG_7529.JPG
IMG_7530.JPG
IMG_7546.JPG

You said the PO flushed the system with tap water. YOU tore apart the entire system, what did YOU fill it with?

All this is beside the point, your temps are fine.

He says the PO used tap water for a flush. Unless he flushed it with sand, it's a non-issue. And I suspect Israel has the tech to at least allow their water to sit awhile and let the solids settle out before they use it. Hell, they might even have water treatment plants.

I said PO used tap water as a coolant

I still think this is non-issue and the final couple things to check have been stated in here. A friend has been running around in his truck summer and winter hitting 210* regularly. He had done all he PM and turned out to be the t-stat. And if you really want to dive into possible heating issue (which I don't think you have) bring up @NLXTACY overheating thread. There is at least 50pages of more troubleshooting to go through :p

Things I may do
Engine cooling system flush PO used tap water
i was advised against this!!
You'll have to pardon me for misunderstanding the above post.

Tap water in Israel are very hard and salty total no no for engine
coolantView attachment 1597616 View attachment 1597617 View attachment 1597618

LOL

Israel is the source of desalination technology all tap water is safe to drink no sediments and all of it come from the
Mediterranean sea

Israel Proves the Desalination Era Is Here

Man it's hard to follow you.

if you look in the first post you will find that I am using Toyota red coolant

The first post, and all the rest, fail to mention if you used distilled water to dilute the coolant. I did assume as much early on, but wanted to clarify. This whole thing has gotten tiring. Good luck.

Wait. You did dilute the coolant, right?

You'll have to pardon me for misunderstanding the above post.

Man it's hard to follow you.

The first post, and all the rest, fail to mention if you used distilled water to dilute the coolant. I did assume as much early on, but wanted to clarify. This whole thing has gotten tiring. Good luck.
Tiring? but, but..., but...... we are only page 2? Am'i'ight @NLXTACY

OP,
What do you mean when you say you
“Measure by ODB”?

my rig is 1994 OBD1 and i use TOYOBD1 Bluetooth dongle

you can see the engine temp 84-86 C and all the rest of date it gives in video it setup to Km/C but you can set it to miles/F
fuel consumption is calculated and loged in miles/gallon

Video 3 11 2017, 12 27 02

New improved OBD1 dongle YOUOCOM that can read CEL codes and erase them is now on the market (70$)

Software for Android is free

25399000_10155985194074122_9032761520591592500_n.jpg

Last edited:
my rig is 1994 OBD1 and i use TOYOBD1 Bluetooth dongle

you can see the engine temp 84-86 C and all the rest of date it gives in video it setup to Km/C but you can set it to miles/F
fuel consumption is calculated and loged in miles/gallon

Video 3 11 2017, 12 27 02

New improved OBD1 dongle YOUOCOM that can read CEL codes and erase them is now on the market (70$)

Software for Android is free

View attachment 1597809
Do you know if the old one can be updated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom