Help identifying correct accelerator pump spring (carb) for 87' 60 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is this the correct spring? I seem to remember there being a softer silver one that I have misplaced.... but then what is this gold one for?

E210A4F2-92EC-4368-9D12-8413271054AA.JPG

Is that the spring that goes under the silver plunger? It's been a number of months since I did mine. Maybe @FJ40Jim would be able to speak up?

Don't forget to soak the plunger before putting it in the carb!!! And what kit did you get that from, looks to be leather!?!?!

Thanks for the tip on soaking the plunger, did not know that.

That purple plunger does look to be leather, but I also have a rubber one that I'll probably use in the build, it was just pictured for context.

I'm using a combination of a SOR kit and a kit from Mike's Carb Parts (Aisan Toyota Carburetor Kit | Land Cruiser 1975-80). The second one is where the purple plunger came from.

Any confirmation on if that's the correct spring though?

Stick with a leather material plunger. Avoid the rubber. Lots of discussion regarding it sticking. You choice but its been tried and confirmed its not as ideal as the leather.
This appears to be all I have to show whether that is the correct spring for that plunger. I'll look further but I guess I was spotty on taking pixs of everything when I did mine. @FJ40Jim... if you have time, maybe you can verify.

Carbureter System.jpeg

Can I ask, Why soak the ACC pump? I just replaced mine from the Mikes Carburetor kit. In their instructions (which I don’t have anymore) I thought it said not to soak the acc pump. Because it should swell inside the chamber. ( I’am paraphrasing from memory). I didn’t soak mine ( it was leather) I just dipped it in some gas and put it in and so far everything seems great. Did I do something wrong?

Can I ask, Why soak the ACC pump? I just replaced mine from the Mikes Carburetor kit. In their instructions (which I don’t have anymore) I thought it said not to soak the acc pump. Because it should swell inside the chamber. ( I’am paraphrasing from memory). I didn’t soak mine ( it was leather) I just dipped it in some gas and put it in and so far everything seems great. Did I do something wrong?
You’ll probably be fine. The atf helps the leather soften so that it makes a good seal. It helps to keep gas from creeping by and deteriorating the dust boot. The first time I did my carb I didn’t soak it and installed it dry. Mine leaked almost immediately.

You’ll probably be fine. The atf helps the leather soften so that it makes a good seal. It helps to keep gas from creeping by and deteriorating the dust boot. The first time I did my carb I didn’t soak it and installed it dry. Mine leaked almost immediately.
That’s why I put a new one in the boot always looked moist and had what was probably gas and dirt all over it. I have been checking over the last week since installing and no signs of leaking, looks clean and dry so far. 🤞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom