Help for a newbie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

There are a few things I'm looking to do with my 1991 FJ80, but I'm running into some questions that I don't have the answer for. For example: I want to put new wheels/tires on it. Right now it's on stock 15" rims and has no lift kit. I want to move up to 16 or 17" rims to expand my choices and for looks.

I live in Japan, so it is a right-hand drive Cruiser. I have no idea what differences there are between Japanese models and U.S. Spec models, so I'm afraid to make any moves that leave me with a bunch of gear and no way to put it on my vehicle. This remains true with all of the upgrades I would like to make. I would like to become as self-sufficient as possible, so what I'm really looking for apart from an answer to the questions above is the required references for someone like me to start making changes to his vehicle. Is there a some sort of "publications" thread or place I can go find information before posting here, or am I essentially stuck typing "FJ80 possible rim sizes" into Google and hoping for the best? I'm certainly no stranger to looking things up when I need an answer, but right now I'm completely lost as to where to even start looking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Booboo

And you do not have to use google. There is a magnifying glass with a search bar in the top right corner of every Mud page. You can use that to search. You should have no problem going up in rim size but make sure you get the proper backspacing or spacers so the tires do not stick out way past the fenders. Good luck.

First off, thanks for your service in the greatest Navy in the world, and welcome to the Mud family. Most Mudders move up to 17" rims because there's more choices at that size. Read thorough the FAQ section and use the search feature as already mentioned. There is a Mud member on this forum that lives in Japan and many members order Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) parts from him. He can be very helpful with compatibility questions. Hopefully some other members will post his contact info for you.

TT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom