Help.... 78 BJ40 waterpump - No idea what to do (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought a 1978 B engine
bj40 cruiser . It’s been a tough road. Latest challenge is finding a replacement water pump or rebuild kit. The Toyota part number is 16100-59035. I’ve looked everywhere I know and am coming up empty. I found one place overseas that said they can get me one in 47 days (minimum). Does anyone know any places in Canada (or anywhere) that they’ve had success getting parts for the b engine diesel. Or anyone have an idea where I could find a rebuild kit. Any help would be appreciated. My wife and I are a couple of oldies. We bought this because it’s been on a bucket list for a long time. So far, it’s been a giant anchor. The waterpump appears to be the last obstacle remaining before we can begin enjoying it. Many thanks.

Have you tried SOR ?

www.sor.com

Page 054 Land Cruiser Diesel Cooling System

Says they have new OEM 74-78 B ....
:meh:

054-024F-1B-1-big.jpg

Have you tried SOR ?

www.sor.com

054-024F-1B-1-big.jpg
Have you tried SOR ?

www.sor.com

054-024F-1B-1-big.jpg
They’ve sent me two now and neither fit. The SOR One I Need is 054-024F-1b-2. That one is discontinued and they don’t have . I actually bought the one in the picture. Thanks though for the help. Sincerely appreciate it. If you have any other thoughts , I’d love to hear them.

Ok -- I know nothing about the B motors, so if you haven't already, I'd post a picture of what you have and what you're looking for in the 'Diesel' section:

Diesel Tech / 24 volts and somebody will know what's available....

You may want to buy a subscription so you can post pix, it's cheap and you'll get much more detailed and accurate responses.

Good Luck and welcome!

Ok -- I know nothing about the B motors, so if you haven't already, I'd post a picture of what you have and what you're looking for in the 'Diesel' section:

Diesel Tech / 24 volts and somebody will know what's available....

You may want to buy a subscription so you can post pix, it's cheap and you'll get much more detailed and accurate responses.

Good Luck and welcome!
Thank you. I. New here. Sincerely appreciate the help.

Have you tried your local NAPA? I got clutch master and slaves there that were Aisin and years ago a water pump that had the same casting letters on it as my old stock(?) one something like ASSC. When I got the clutch cylinders they had a made-in-China part (?) cheaper or an Aisin and I went Aisin. My local NAPA can have about anything at 8AM tomorrow that they don't already have in stock.

I recently bought a 1978 B engine
bj40 cruiser . It’s been a tough road. Latest challenge is finding a replacement water pump or rebuild kit. The Toyota part number is 16100-59035. I’ve looked everywhere I know and am coming up empty. I found one place overseas that said they can get me one in 47 days (minimum). Does anyone know any places in Canada (or anywhere) that they’ve had success getting parts for the b engine diesel. Or anyone have an idea where I could find a rebuild kit. Any help would be appreciated. My wife and I are a couple of oldies. We bought this because it’s been on a bucket list for a long time. So far, it’s been a giant anchor. The waterpump appears to be the last obstacle remaining before we can begin enjoying it. Many thanks.

Have you tried cruiser connection. They carry non USA diesel parts.
Water pumps differ depending upon whether you have a fixed fan or a fan clutch.

Have you tried your local NAPA? I got clutch master and slaves there that were Aisin and years ago a water pump that had the same casting letters on it as my old stock(?) one something like ASSC. When I got the clutch cylinders they had a made-in-China part (?) cheaper or an Aisin and I went Aisin. My local NAPA can have about anything at 8AM tomorrow that they don't already have in stock.

they're not going to have parts for a truck never sold new here.

59035 pump is not available anywhere that I can find. Only fits the B and early 2B engine fitted with the fan clutch.
Pumps for fixed fans are available.
I'm not currently in need of one, but looking at a rebuild as the only reasonable solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom