Hello From Spain and ready to (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Hello

Just realized I posted pics on the OEM Softop thread without previous presentation.... So now that I ve finished for completely my rig, I thought I would correct this mistake.

My name is Alain Christian, a french guy in Spain who bought a rare french Toyota FJ40 2F from 1978. I say rare for 2 reasons:

1) Because it was abandoned in a farm for 25 years and has only 53 000 original Km (33 000 miles)...original 4,2 engine running like a clock...impressive. I am the 3rd owner, and know the entire history of the car...but it s another story. Nevertheless I tried to do the best restoration I could afford, here is the finished result (almost...I probably will change the Radiator, water pump and thermostat which are still original from 78' ... just to be safe)

2) Because during this period of time (with the oil crisis), very very few 2F were imported to France, being the homeland of B's and 3B's... and my rig got its TOYOTA FRANCE engine metal plate from the 70's and the gear changing glove box instruction sheet in french.... On top of it I moved it to Spain where Toyota brand was introduced only in mid 80's and where Bj and Fj are almost inexistent besides few imports from Canary Islands... All of this made the restoration process quite difficult and slow. Nevertheless here it is finished (almost...I probably will change the Radiator, water pump and thermostat which are still original from 78')

It is obviously not an 100% stock, but I tried the best I could with my budget and my limited access to parts.
We assembled the doors and emblems this past week-end. It is now officially ready to rock

If anybody in Spain is reading, this I would be very happy to meet up with other owners of any classic 4x4 and make routes ...

IMG_1575.JPG

IMG_1555.JPG

IMG_1558.JPG

IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

Hi from Tenerife. Superb job on your truck, looks like new.

Interesting to learn mainland spain didnt get the BJ40s, never knew that.

:cool:

Bienvenido and welcome to the madness from Costa Rica.
Great job and looking good! :clap:

Rudi

Hi from Tenerife. Superb job on your truck, looks like new.

Interesting to learn mainland spain didnt get the BJ40s, never knew that.

Thanks ! Yes I ve been told this by my local Toyota dealer, who got in touch with Madrid to get a hold of places from Tenerife who could provide me with some parts... They knew about restoration of FJ40's because the owner of Toyota Madrid ( big boss I guess) restored an FJ40 2F for his private collection...here is what he wrote us :

"Ademas estos coches no se comercializaron en España por lo que es difícil encontrar piezas en desguaces, no suele haber unidades, yo hace
muchos años tuve que buscar unas para mi jefe y la localíze en desguaces de Canarias, te doy algunos teléfonos pero no se si son validos
de esto hace muchos años.
Los tapizados tendrá que fabricarselos un guarnicionero.
desguace Jose Lopez (las Palmas) 928672588
,, Luis Tejeroi ( ,, ,, ) 670534374
,, Carmelo (Tenerife) 922811198
Valencia 966714541"

That is when my local dealer explained me that it is because Toyota got introduced in Spain in the mid 80's, but Canary Islands were the exception because they imported directly from Africa.

Regards,
Alain

very nice ... congrats on a great job under the circumstances you note ... welcome to the 40 obsession/lifestyle (lol) ...

very nice ... congrats on a great job under the circumstances you note ... welcome to the 40 obsession/lifestyle (lol) ...

Thanks to internet ! You guys in the states have it going on !!

Hi all,

Nice 40! :beer:

Are you an active off-roader there in Spain?

Regards,

Alan

Hi all,

Nice 40! :beer:

Are you an active off-roader there in Spain?

Regards,

Alan

Yes... I did with my FJ Cruiser... Until it cost me the money after a crash ... Repaired and decided to stop spending on this hobby so I bought the 40 to preserve the Cruiser.... Felt in love with the 40 so I m not sure I want to break it ... That s why I want to do trips with other classics ... to preserve it also ! The guys I used to go out with are crazy !

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424614285.480813.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424614342.392289.jpg

welcome to MUD :)

I see you made your top with no windows on the sides... were you copying the existing top that was on it? ... only a few tops have i seen with no side windows... all from France as well as the newer directionals on the 74's

also notice yours looks like it was an ambi door top at one time

nice looking rig for sure!!!

Land_Cruiser_76_page3.jpg

welcome to MUD :)

I see you made your top with no windows on the sides... were you copying the existing top that was on it? ... only a few tops have i seen with no side windows... all from France as well as the newer directionals on the 74's

also notice yours looks like it was an ambi door top at one time

nice looking rig for sure!!!

View attachment 1035799

Ohhh !! thanks a lot for this advertising photos !! No I didn't even know there were made with no windows...your pics make my top even more legit !!! I actually inspired my self from the military Land Rover Series III and Defenders ( I owned both before discovering the magic of LANDCRUISERS) that have the tops without windows, and I also did not want my windows to go yellow with time , so I decided to go for the no window look... But you made my day legitimizing my choice ...and what a nice coincidence that it was TOYOTA FRANCE who imported it this way... no idea neither on the ambi doors... I bought the truck with a hard top...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom