Hello from San Diego! - 2013 200 series “Marshmallow” (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looooooong time lurker here! My wife and I finally bit the bullet and purchased a new (to us) 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser! We're extremely happy about our purchase knowing how well-built and reliable the truck is.

Does anyone have any recommended shops in San Diego (particularly north county)? It's my wife's daily driver, so we won't go too far with the upgrades, particularly with two small children who still need to be placed in car seats.

So to close, thanks for letting me lurk for all these years, and thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience. I've learned a lot from simply reading.

welcome to the gang!

Your kids came up with a nice name! I still don't know what to call mine haha

Best name yet! Welcome. I like the bow as the first mod.

Awesome!

Looooooong time lurker here! My wife and I finally bit the bullet and purchased a new (to us) 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser! We're extremely happy about our purchase knowing how well-built and reliable the truck is.

Does anyone have any recommended shops in San Diego (particularly north county)? It's my wife's daily driver, so we won't go too far with the upgrades, particularly with two small children who still need to be placed in car seats.

So to close, thanks for letting me lurk for all these years, and thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience. I've learned a lot from simply reading.

SD Trux off Miramar Road is very good. John and his staff work on a lot of Land Cruisers.

Just found out that the rock warrior 17" wheels were discontinued!!!! Also, my favorite wheel, the bronze Toyota TRD wheels don't fit. Looks like I'm gonna stick with the boring stock wheels with BFG all terraain T/A KO2.

SD Trux off Miramar Road is very good. John and his staff work on a lot of Land Cruisers.

Awesome. I may eventually lift it and from reading this forum, there seems to be issues lifting with KDSS. I want to make sure I go with someone experienced with the rig.

Awesome. I may eventually lift it and from reading this forum, there seems to be issues lifting with KDSS. I want to make sure I go with someone experienced with the rig.

No problem lifting with KDSS on the LNd Cruiser.
BIG problem lifting the 570LX though, due to AHC, which the LC does not have. KDSS is no problem. Just requires a tweak that is very simple, but must be done correctly.

Those wheels may be boring but they are forged. Great choice on the tires. Welcome!!

I guess I'll just turn my intro into my build thread! (if anyone knows how to edit the title, please let me know!)

So soon after purchasing Marshmallow, I noticed that the tires were about at ~40%. Oh no! Damn my luck!! We need to get new ones because... safety!!! So due to complete love and adoration of my wife (and zero selfish intent) I decided to surprise her with the "new shoes" she has been hinting at for Valentines Day!! Her birthday was just a couple weeks ago, so the "shoes" would be the perfect accompaniment.

Cojpk0Em.jpg

(tires at ~40%)

After some back and fourth PMs with @gaijin (I sincerely thank you!), I decided on the Toyota recommended 285/70/17 BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2 with the Rock Warrior wheels (PTR45-34070) from the Tundra.

NqjPBVwm.jpg

Man, it just looks so... right.

UeQvJR4m.jpg

Here is a stock wheel/tire with the new

iM2QtoQm.jpg

And yeah.... not too much later, I had to "test" them out.

One thing I was told when getting my alignment done is that the previous owner replaced just one shock. Apparently, there's one bilstein shock and one toyota shock. I'm kind of OCD about things like this, so does anyone recommend which one I should go with? I want to replace both and am not looking to do a lift anytime soon.

Next mod? I want to get the Slee Sliders. Once those are installed, I plan on enrolling in the badlands 4x4 course here in San Diego to learn how to properly use the rig.

gY0aRLEm.jpg

Before and After

Last edited:
I guess I'll just turn my intro into my build thread! (if anyone knows how to edit the title, please let me know!)

So soon after purchasing Marshmallow, I noticed that the tires were about at ~40%. Oh no! Damn my luck!! We need to get new ones because... safety!!! So due to complete love and adoration of my wife (and zero selfish intent) I decided to surprise her with the "new shoes" she has been hinting at for Valentines Day!! Her birthday was just a couple weeks ago, so the "shoes" would be the perfect accompaniment.

Cojpk0Em.jpg

(tires at ~40%)

After some back and fourth PMs with @gaijin (I sincerely thank you!), I decided on the Toyota recommended 285/70/17 BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2 with the Rock Warrior wheels (PTR45-34070) from the Tundra.

NqjPBVwm.jpg

Man, it just looks so... right.

UeQvJR4m.jpg

Here is a stock wheel/tire with the new

iM2QtoQm.jpg

And yeah.... not too much later, I had to "test" them out.

One thing I was told when getting my alignment done is that the previous owner replaced just one shock. Apparently, there's one bilstein shock and one toyota shock. I'm kind of OCD about things like this, so does anyone recommend which one I should go with? I want to replace both and am not looking to do a lift anytime soon.

Next mod? I want to get the Slee Sliders. Once those are installed, I plan on enrolling in the badlands 4x4 course here in San Diego to learn how to properly use the rig.

Welcome, and Hello from this San Diegan!

You added the same wheels/tires I did...and you'll love them. Good move on the Slee sliders too.

Maybe I'll bump into you one of these days...

Markuson

Welcome, and Hello from this San Diegan!

You added the same wheels/tires I did...and you'll love them. Good move on the Slee sliders too.

Maybe I'll bump into you one of these days...

Markuson

Do you have a shop you recommend?

Do you have a shop you recommend?

Unfortunately, no.
I actually had a pretty horrible time with one of the local shops here, and have saved significant mods for Slee when I'm near Golden Colorado...

How did you score the TRD Rock Warrior wheels? I seem to be in the midst of a wife sanctioned free for all spending spree these days and have had zero luck finding any. Looks great btw, welcome sir.

How did you score the TRD Rock Warrior wheels? I seem to be in the midst of a wife sanctioned free for all spending spree these days and have had zero luck finding any. Looks great btw, welcome sir.

I just looked around craigslist for "tundra stock wheels" and "rock warrior wheels." Also, there are a few online stores that have reconditioned the wheels but make sure you know if it comes with the ring and center cap or not (the ring itself is $100 plus $12-15 for the screws). I'm still looking for one more, but I'll have to wait a little bit. The rig's down payment and wheel/tires hit pretty hard.

Craigs list.

I found these but they don't include the ring, ring screws, or center cap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom