Headlight Retrofit for 2008 - 2011 LX570 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks all for the info here. I upgraded to the Hikari's Eye of Megatron! (interesting name... are 7 y/o's part of the target audience)
For a very reasonable sum ($39). And with a nice lighting upgrade vs. the original bulbs.
I will mention the Hikari plugs are labeled + / -. The plugs fit either direction. If you look at the toyota H11 harness, it has one red wire on each plug. Red is +. Make sure you connect + to +.
I know there are more expensive options out there. Still, for what I spent, I'm very happy.

Doug

Damn, really? Anyone else having this same experience?

I replaced all my bulbs (low, high, fog) and the low beams burned out multiple times within 6 months or so. I've been through a couple sets so far and same result. Overall I think they were ok light wise and AFS worked fine but I'm just going back to halogens so I don't have to deal with it anymore.

I'm interested in any other options anyone has but I don't think the LED replacements are the answer.

- Brian

I've been very happy with Hikari's customer service thus far, having converted my FJ40, FJ80, FJ100 LX, FJ100 LC and FJ200 LX over to the Philips Eye of Megatron (low and high beams).

The only issue I have had to date is both H1s burning out in our 2007 LX (within 4 weeks of each other). Hikari's customer service told me they had not changed the design of their H1 bulbs, and replaced them under the terms of their 2 year warranty. If any of the H11's fail, I'll be sure to post a photo of the new and original bulbs side by side.

Just as a data point, I'm attaching a photo of the original and current H1 design side by side (original H1 philips design on the right) Not a thermal engineer, but it sure looks like cooling may be the culprit in at least the original H1 design. Will post the cap modification once I have the time
HikariH1 2018 vs 2019.JPG

I just picked up a new-to-me LX570 and found this thread. The OEM headlights, while having good beam patterns, was severely lacking in lumens. I could see better with my LX450 with LED bulbs and Toyota fog lights.

My first mod was to replace the low beam with the HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs with the Philips LEDs. The result was excellent light output while retaining the beam pattern and the AFS functions. Here are the resulting pictures:

1. LED low beam
2. LED low beam with OEM incandescent high beam

LED Low Beam.jpeg

LED Low + Incandescent High.jpeg

I just installed Hikaris on the high, low, and fog beams. It's a huge improvement for me. The AFS system was fine at first and then threw an error. I'll check that the wiring is out of the way. I'm hoping to get some longevity out of them, but that will be the real test.

Thanks everyone for the insights!

I just purchased and installed the Hikari "eye of megatrons" in my 2009. Can confirm that they are too long and do not work with the stock dust covers in place. AFS immediately throws a code as soon as lights are turned on. Removed dust caps and AFS works perfectly. Going to either try to rig something up or return them for a different bulb. Light output of the low beams is pretty good compared to standard halogens.

Same. Work fine in my 08.

I just purchased and installed the Hikari "eye of megatrons" in my 2009. Can confirm that they are too long and do not work with the stock dust covers in place. AFS immediately throws a code as soon as lights are turned on. Removed dust caps and AFS works perfectly. Going to either try to rig something up or return them for a different bulb. Light output of the low beams is pretty good compared to standard halogens.
I think maybe you have a different bulb or maybe they changed the design.

Working fine in my 10, do you have wires and module hanging straight down? First time I installed, wires were to side and it affected AFS

IMG_0117 2.JPG

Here's the model number on my box. Doubt you guys still have the packaging for comparison but I'm guessing something must have been changed. The wires are hanging down just like when the stock halogens were in there and AFS works perfectly without the dust caps, so I think this bulb is just slightly longer maybe due to a design change. To test the fit, I marked the very end of the bulb with a black dry erase marker and installed the cap. Sure enough the cap touches the end of the bulb just barely as there was marker on the dust cap.

IMG_3969.JPG

I may try to just use the Hikaris in my fog lamps and switch back to regular halogens for the low beams. How tough is it to change the fogs? Does it require removing the bumper to access them or is it possible to swap them without removing a bunch of stuff?

My passenger H11 (low beam) just failed. I am getting a new set under warranty.

This thread is great!

Both my pas side Head and for light went out. So I decided to replace all the options posted here.
This is what the PO had put in. Not sure what they are or how old they are.
IMG_9643.jpeg

I think a found the problem. Not sure if the rough roads on the WABDR did this or if it was the AFS constantly trying to work. I will make sure to take more care than he did.
IMG_9642.JPG

This is what I came up with some of the inks are dead or went to light that didn't fit the truck.
HIKARI HB3
HIKARI H11
PHILIPS X treme
Can Y'all confirm this is the right stuff?

Also the pas side Fog went out too. Any recommendations for those?

Hello everyone, this is my first post! I read through everything and ended up getting the same ones that the last poster got (see pic). I spent a little extra on the high beams and noticed that the more expensive bulb is actually 3mm shorter than the less expensive H11. Like the last poster noted, the H11 low-beam bulbs hit on the cover and caused the AFS light to flash. I tried to find a cover that would allow more clearance and tried the rubber boot type cover, but that didn't work because the plastic ring around the rear housing is interrupted with a flat spot that won't allow anything to slip over it. I then went back to the drawing board and lucked out with a part from LASFIT: LASFIT DC1012 These can also be found on eBay for less. They are direct replacement with extra clearance. Loving the brighter whiter light of the LEDs and now just waiting for them to fail haha. I also used the same H11 bulb on the fogs and replaced the "city" light with a cheapo for now. Thanks to everyone for pointing me in the right direction on this little project. I am now wondering if anyone has done switchbacks on the front turn signal? It looked a little tricky to replace. Let me know if anyone has any insight on this -Thx!

IMG_20201026_202826_1.jpg

IMG_20201020_171022_9.jpg

IMG_20201020_171054_2.jpg

IMG_20201020_141948_5.jpg

Thanks to all on this thread!
New to me 2009 LX570 after coming from a 100 LC

Has anyone updated their front turn signals? I think this is the right bulb just wondering if a new LED specific relay has been used by another member or needed
Amazon product ASIN B077FV1GZT

Also it looks like Hikari changed the H11 for 2021? I just ordered these for lows and fogs
Amazon product ASIN B08SLZJDNQ

Ordered a pair of oversized caps from the previous post

Appreciated!

PSA... I just got this email from Amazon. Essentially, it says the Hikari bulbs are too bright and I'll be offered a replacement halogen set.

This is the link in the email Check for Recalls: Vehicle, Car Seat, Tire, Equipment - https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaId=21E002000

View attachment 2570005
Buy the CougarMotor version from Amazon. I started using them quite a few years ago, and none of the cars I put them on have failed yet. Also stupidly bright! I'm actually replacing my LED low beams with HID in hopes of not being so blinding.
CougarMotor LEDs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom