Headlight conversion 7” round (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sincerely, thank you for your efforts, and sorry to be a typical MUD cheapskate! This would fall into the "maybe someday" category for me. Considering how long I put off basic maintenance, that would honestly be more of a "probably never." But if I win lotto and quit my day job, I'll be giving you a PM :cool:

I was skeptical at first but when i saw the finished product. I would say it looks awesome. Its true that the presentation wasn't the best. Maybe thats why people think its odd but with a dark 80, It might look better. It might blend well with an 80 with clear corner light vs the amber. I really like your design and hoping for this products success so one day i can buy it when the time comes. Thank you for developing great products for us.
Thanks! I do need to paint them a better black and bolt them on my friends black 80, at least. Although I do believe that the cosmetic problem is the area on both sides of the light. Its just flat and doesn't look right. I will build another in my new vision and see if I am wrong.

Thanks! I do need to paint them a better black and bolt them on my friends black 80, at least. Although I do believe that the cosmetic problem is the area on both sides of the light. Its just flat and doesn't look right. I will build another in my new vision and see if I am wrong.
You're welcome to bring one of your grilles over and mount the entire setup. Honestly I thought that's what you were going to do the first time. I think the entire set would really change the overall look.

We could always get someone to photoshop my 80 black for your photos. It's not that difficult to do for those who know Pshop.

You're welcome to bring one of your grilles over and mount the entire setup. Honestly I thought that's what you were going to do the first time. I think the entire set would really change the overall look.

We could always get someone to photoshop my 80 black for your photos. It's not that difficult to do for those who know Pshop.
I have a new shaped front face that I want to mount if I can. Maybe later tonight? Let me know, and thanks!

Any thought on creating a custom turn signal that uses a 60 series style turn signal light, and that replaces the current side indicator? I think this would help unify the front end.

Any thought on creating a custom turn signal that uses a 60 series style turn signal light, and that replaces the current side indicator? I think this would help unify the front end.
I don't have the ability to do that yet, But I agree the signal looks a bit odd. Although I do believe these will evolve into something very nice. The foundation is complete, and now I can redesign the front.

Some more info to consider. I did a light projection test on my 100 series. I used my Depo light with a normal bulb on the right side, and a 7” Hella on the left. You can see that the light from the 7” is comparable to the Depo. The Hella is not expensive and looks good, which shows that we don’t need the expensive light options. I personally bought some JW Speakers so that makes me somewhat of a hypocrite I guess. ;)

1947BC1E-F44D-4076-A683-E030C3453125.jpeg
A1A26122-B056-4D3A-BA4E-C65A107AC071.jpeg
BA70AFCC-3722-413B-A44B-3A4D472D2E80.jpeg

Just my $.02 but I like the light from the 7" Round better

7" Round seems to have better light projection. Thanks for all your hard work on this project.

Gman

you sold me the first photo but when the finish product come out look like you change it a little bit. if you can make it look like the first photo or make it like the new jeep wrangler jl have that recessed look you can put me down for combo grill and headlight

you sold me the first photo but when the finish product come out look like you change it a little bit. if you can make it look like the first photo or make it like the new jeep wrangler jl have that recessed look you can put me down for combo grill and headlight
You could install spacers behind the headlight mount bracket to recess the light. One of my goals was to bring the light out as far as possible, that’s why it looks different.

Reactions: KTP
I was skeptical at first but when i saw the finished product. I would say it looks awesome. Its true that the presentation wasn't the best. Maybe thats why people think its odd but with a dark 80, It might look better. It might blend well with an 80 with clear corner light vs the amber. I really like your design and hoping for this products success so one day i can buy it when the time comes. Thank you for developing great products for us.
That's very nice, I appreciate the positive feedback, thank you.

I'm confident that I can get the design to look good. I have already made some big changes and it looks much more correct. It wont be a 60 or a Defender though, as those vehicles have a flat front. It's very difficult to build anything that has multiple curves. However, now that the headlight points in the correct direction and the thing bolts on the car with all the edges lining up, the cosmetics can be altered.

love your all your grilles and have been so impressed with the time you put into your fit and finish of all your grilles. Looking forward to your FJ40 Grille design. And i will buy it too.

love your all your grilles and have been so impressed with the time you put into your fit and finish of all your grilles. Looking forward to your FJ40 Grille design. And i will buy it too.
HA HA!! Yea!!

Finally found some nice little round LED lights that are 1”, so I am working those into the design between the light and signal. Similar to the Defender, but it won’t look like the Defender, it’s just the same layout.

Just an FYI. I have redesigned these 80 headlights and they are being laser cut this week, along with the grille for the combo set. The lights should look much more correct this time. Also, i finalized my 100 lights this week so I’m attaching a pic of my LC to show you 80 guys what a finished product with these headlights can look like. Keep in mind, it’s still a prototype so don’t zoom in too close. And, I lost my turn signals.

AA60F8FE-C043-4711-B136-3868A112E78E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom