Headers / exhaust upgrades (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone I’m new here. Just purchased a 2001 Land Cruiser that has had a lot of modifications done to it. Even though it has the TRD supercharger, I am finding that when passing vehicles on the highway with the large gap between gears on the 4 speed, that its passing capabilities are lack lustre. I am looking to further increase the power to compensate for the 4 speed tranny. Air intake isn’t an option as it already has a snorkel. Has the supercharger. My thoughts were to install headers and a complete new exhaust to increase power. 2 questions… Doug Thorley offers short tube headers. Are they worth it or should I be trying to track down some long tube headers?
Is there an exhaust system out there that eliminates the catalytic converters? And if so, is it worth it to eliminate them?

i have found some great Aussie companies. They solved all that for you with one of their brown series. Look up Aussie off-roading currently I cannot find any USA manufactured that are not back ordered out of stock etc reasons. These aussies are badass made to order and are in stock! I’ll link page here I’m buying a complete header to exhaust from them and I’m keeping cats. Deleting them you will not pass smog here in California best to run high flows and change them out and put stock back when time to smog which is a hassle coming from the Honda world we also pay high smog fees lol but I’ve heard you can reprogram ecu

Sorry to burst your bubble but those headers will not fit a USA truck. They are made for RHD and will not clear the steering shaft on LHD. Trust me I already bought them and tried.

However, the 3" exhaust should fit 100%. I actually ordered that cat-back exhaust and it should be here in a couple weeks so I'll let you know how it goes.

Aussie 3-inch exhaust installed. Fit really nicely considering the size. It's pretty close to one of the rear control arm mounts and the corner of the gas tank. I was able to use a pry bar and get some more space near the gas tank. I used some bailing wire to pull the exhaust away from the control arm mount, in my experience after some heat cycles it will retain that shape after the wire is cut away. Otherwise it fit just about perfect. I cut and shut the rear tube before the resonator to gain more clearance in the back, same mod I did to my Borla. With a stock rear bumper it should fit fine.

Overall the sound is dead sexy. Really loving it. Will try to get some video soon.

More pics in my build thread here: Builds - 2007 LX470 Super Cruiser build with Elate Mfg Supercharger - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2007-lx470-super-cruiser-build-with-elate-mfg-supercharger.1288831/page-8#post-15125904

U29Wkpz.jpg

hKsgDVA.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, by popular demand here is a video showing off the exhaust. Turn up your speakers!

Reminder this is the Australian Xforce 3" catback. Other mods are Elate Supercharger, DT headers, A.P.E. Flex Fuel E85 conversion, and Nomad Stage 1 Valvebody.

Bought from CBS Racing: Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series V8 Wagon 1998-2007 Cat-Back System (E4-TL108-CBS) - XForce - https://www.cbsracingshop.com/en/toyota-landcruiser-100-series-v8-wagon-1998-2007-cat-back-system-e4-tl108-cbs-xforce

Any fitment issues with the RHD exhaust, or do they have a LHD version?

Something is off if your HP with supercharger was 199 per dyno….

This 2000 with headers pulled 210hp…

Something is off if your HP with supercharger was 199 per dyno….

This 2000 with headers pulled 210hp…

Guess it could be a conservative dyno, but still, if a non supercharged one is probably 190 or so to the wheels after driveline loss that doess seem low.

Ok, by popular demand here is a video showing off the exhaust. Turn up your speakers!

Reminder this is the Australian Xforce 3" catback. Other mods are Elate Supercharger, DT headers, A.P.E. Flex Fuel E85 conversion, and Nomad Stage 1 Valvebody.

Bought from CBS Racing: Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series V8 Wagon 1998-2007 Cat-Back System (E4-TL108-CBS) - XForce - https://www.cbsracingshop.com/en/toyota-landcruiser-100-series-v8-wagon-1998-2007-cat-back-system-e4-tl108-cbs-xforce

Definitely much quieter than I expected. Guess it's because the cats are not deleted.

Definitely much quieter than I expected. Guess it's because the cats are not deleted.
It's definitely louder than stock, louder than the Borla too. My buddy has a 100 with Doug Thorley cat back and mine is quieter than that. I like the volume level, it's enough to wake the neighbors when you step on it but also retains that quiet highway cruisability that 100s do so well.

Saw these today, someone should buy them asap and test them out. They are Rhino Exhaust (Australian) headers and high flow cats made specifically for LHD 100 series! About $1250 shipped for the whole package. If I hadn't already done DT headers I would do this. I probably will try this sometime in the future, they look so much better than DT and also include high flow cats with really clean bends.

Purchase them through this link: HEADERS AND HIGH FLOW CATS FOR 100 SERIES LEXUS LX470 2UZ-FE 4.7L V8 LHD | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/185993050620

Saw these today, someone should buy them asap and test them out. They are Rhino Exhaust (Australian) headers and high flow cats made specifically for LHD 100 series! About $1250 shipped for the whole package. If I hadn't already done DT headers I would do this. I probably will try this sometime in the future, they look so much better than DT and also include high flow cats with really clean bends.

Purchase them through this link: HEADERS AND HIGH FLOW CATS FOR 100 SERIES LEXUS LX470 2UZ-FE 4.7L V8 LHD | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/185993050620
It sounds like these aren't really catalytic converters, right? Does it just look like a cat and uses the spacers to not throw codes? They obviously aren't using much or any platinum at that price point. They look sweet and my cats are rattly, but I'm not sure if I want to deal non compliant exhaust. Not that they're bad, just what I'm thinking about.

"High Flow Stainless Steel Catalytic Converters with metallic substrate for long life wear and optimal flow performance"

It sounds like these aren't really catalytic converters, right? Does it just look like a cat and uses the spacers to not throw codes? They obviously aren't using much or any platinum at that price point. They look sweet and my cats are rattly, but I'm not sure if I want to deal non compliant exhaust. Not that they're bad, just what I'm thinking about.

"High Flow Stainless Steel Catalytic Converters with metallic substrate for long life wear and optimal flow performance"
They look like other high flow cats I've seen. They would be 49 state compliant, but not CARB approved. Probably at least equivalent to the OEM cats. Australia has strict emissions laws too, just different.

@J1000 I have reached out to see if they would send me their catback as well together.

They look like other high flow cats I've seen. They would be 49 state compliant, but not CARB approved. Probably at least equivalent to the OEM cats. Australia has strict emissions laws too, just different.
I contacted Rhino directly. The cost shipped 1690 Aus to US now 1100 ish dollars.

About 100 AUS dollars less … not much bust some. Don’t know is eBay is collecting tax on this out of country transaction or not.

Tex

I contacted Rhino directly. The cost shipped 1690 Aus to US now 1100 ish dollars.

About 100 AUS dollars less … not much bust some. Don’t know is eBay is collecting tax on this out of country transaction or not.

Tex
J1000, I followed you lead and asked also what the extra cost shipped for Heeders and Cat back full exhaust too.

Tex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom