HDJ81 OME 3" j spring lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fairly certain the rear will sit higher with J springs all around. There's certain combinations people run to keep the truck level. Maybe they'll chime in. I went with a 4" Ironman on mine and had driveline vibes and needed adjustable panhards to recenter the axles. You may or may it have those issues, but just be aware that they may present themselves after the lift is complete.

Not sure of the weight diff between the HDJ and FZJ up front. But I'm running J's on all four corners. Most will run 1.5" to 2" coil spacer in the front for the "level" look. Im running Metal Tech 2" up front with labs bumper and warn 9000 winch. (labs bumper in the rear w/o wingout)

Not sure of the weight diff between the HDJ and FZJ up front. But I'm running J's on all four corners. Most will run 1.5" to 2" coil spacer in the front for the "level" look. Im running Metal Tech 2" up front with labs bumper and warn 9000 winch. (labs bumper in the rear w/o wingout)

Any driveline issues?

Fairly certain the rear will sit higher with J springs all around. There's certain combinations people run to keep the truck level. Maybe they'll chime in. I went with a 4" Ironman on mine and had driveline vibes and needed adjustable panhards to recenter the axles. You may or may it have those issues, but just be aware that they may present themselves after the lift is complete.

So the panhard bars took care of your driveline issues?

Any driveline issues?
I've mentioned in other threads, I'm borderline going to a DC. Don't feel the immediate need, but if was my DD I would bite the bullet. Oh and caster plates! That WAS needed IMHO, and again I used MT's plates. Keep in mind, even though lifts are sold the same each cruiser has its own idea how it plays out. doh. lol.

I run j's in the front and ome mediums 2.5's in the back with L shocks and a dc front drive shaft from tattons later when I install a rear bumper with swing outs I will put in some rear air bags and maybe reinstall the rear j springs.

The offset bushings that came with my ome j lift work but I don't know any better.

Mo spacer in front ? I'm going this route just sent my 863j's back , I do have an arb with winch, did you run a spacer and do you have a winch bumper?

Dual batt, winch, bumper, sliders, rear bumper and swingouts. It still sits level and no spacer. That's the reason its a popular spring combination. I believe OME considers it 3'' front and 2.5'' rear. Make sure you run good shocks with it.

I had a hdj81v when I lived in Japan with OEM winch and had to run 2inch spacers in the front of mine. Used adjustable pan hards, rear control arms and 3degree bushings and no driveline vibes.

Dual batt, winch, bumper, sliders, rear bumper and swingouts. It still sits level and no spacer. That's the reason its a popular spring combination. I believe OME considers it 3'' front and 2.5'' rear. Make sure you run good shocks with it.
I've got OME shocks everything will be new, extended brake lines, sway bar drop brackets, front and rear adj panhard bars, new springs and all new bushings. I would assume you didn't get any driveline vibes?

I'm planning on 35 inch tires are you running the same?

I've got OME shocks everything will be new, extended brake lines, sway bar drop brackets, front and rear adj panhard bars, new springs and all new bushings. I would assume you didn't get any driveline vibes?

No driveline issues with mine.

I'm planning on 35 inch tires are you running the same?

Yes, I've always ran 315's.

Anyone running this lift? Is it level, do I need spacers for the front and are there any driveline issues? Thanks

I just installed my OME J Springs and L Shocks. I immediately experienced front driveline vibes and noise on deceleration. I had the alignment checked and my caster is -2.60. I have the Dobinsons adjustable caster bushings that are rated from 0-3.5 degrees. I was told by them that this will work and other members said I will need plates. I will be installing the bushings on Monday set at the max 3.5 degrees and have it aligned again to see what my caster reading will be.

As for the vibration/noise issue from the front, I went and had a custom DC shaft made from Carolina Driveline: Driveshafts Speed Balanced Steel and Aluminum turnaround time is 1-2 days right now.

Here's a picture right after I installed the lift.
full

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom