HAPPY NEW YEARS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The year of the Pig still has a couple of months left! Hope all of the fine folks on here have a safe and happy New Years . With luck there will be more old Pigs on the road this next year. Thanks for such a great community.

All the best for 2020!

🎆🎇🍾🥂

Happy New Year! Ready for a fresh start!

24503E05-AD99-488C-BA42-B50E98B1F88F.jpeg

D1C251B8-9852-45A7-A0D3-9F6FF7016674.jpeg

Opening lines of my weekly newspaper column for Sunday...

"I’ve found a new definition of an optimist.

That’d be the person occupying the other pillow in our household…the one who ordered the 2021 planner that arrived recently. As opposed to her husband, who’s nervously waiting to see what happens to 2020 now that it’s 21 and old enough to drink. I’m hoping for a cautious, quiet sipper but I’ll accept a passed out harmless drunk off in a dark corner somewhere."

Happy New Year! I suspect it'll take more than a few tumblers of Knob Creek on the rocks to get me through the coming months.

Last edited:
Or some Victory Gin to lull ourselves back to sleep?
A southern friend used to claim white whiskey was only for the time between Memorial Day and Labor Day, otherwise dark whiskey. Kinda like shoes and gloves for the ladies, I suppose. Or soft tops on FJ40s.

Cleaning out my office bookshelves this week and ran across my original paperback copy of "1984". Probably worth re-reading these days. But while sipping a bourbon, not gin.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping a human face...forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom