H55- 5psd into FJ-55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Common were waiting, like to see some shots of the cross member for the tranny.

I took it for a test run before pismo.. No dice. I will never rebuild an H55 again. :mad: To much use and abuse on this piece. The tack weld on the snap ring should have tiped me off. Sounds like I have gremlins fighting inside my tranny. Only new H55's from here on in. Also, my harmonic balancer has a death wobble so that has to come out... Plus I have the misterious coolant leak ( Go Figure).

Gearing up for the middle east and Oz. Hopefully I'll have enough money when I get back to buy a brand new H55.

I'll revive this thread when I get back....

RUSH55 said:
How did the 2F run? Or did you really get a chance to feel it out?

Thanks for asking.

Like Junk.

It wasn't tuned properly. I was to busy trying to track down all the other issues, including a manifold leak, that I didn't bother tuning it. I'm a little down at the moment, so I have relegated my '55 to the corner until I can finish other projects.

I'm planning on doing a similar rebuild and was curios about the story on the "Ross Racing pistons". So far, I've only heard of MAF's forged high compression pistons for 2F application (which are way more than I'll ever spend for pistons). Couldn't find anything at Clifford or Downey. Are the Ross pistons cast or forged? Just curious.

RUSH55 said:
Are the Ross pistons cast or forged? Just curious.

They were forged, custom made for me by Ross Racing Pistons.

To get my pistons made, I had to make bondo molds of the combustion chamber and make various measures of the cylinder.

If you call Ross Racing Pistons find out how much they would charge you. I bet I could get them cheaper for you.

Seth

PabloCruise said:
I thought I jumped in here and asked about the used H55 - Maybe I just thought about it...

What was the matter with the used H55?

It was really beat up . I had to have one of the shafts hard chrome plated because the roller bearing wore a deep groove in the shaft. The snap rings were tack welded in...

I've spoken with a few different vendors on this board and it's the same story. Used H55's out of OZ are trouble. There's a reason they aren't rebuilt and put back into cruisers over there... I will only install new H55's on all rigs from now on. I have 2 used ones in stock and after I sell them, I will never carry another used H55.

Anyone want to buy a used H55? :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom