GXOR??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Chiming in - never had an FB account, no plans to. I thought I was the only one! :beer:

I have no FB and don't want to be on FB. I guess I'm old school.

It's pretty dead around here, tho!

So true!

It would be nice if MUD was the go to place for the GX like it is for the 80s. GX intel is spread across too many places.

Totally agree - one of my only disappointments moving to the GX is not seeing as much rich information and community feedback here on Mud. Everyone who is here has been great but it is a bit anemic at times.....

I cross post FB and Mud. I post here and there. I started the wiki to archive known facts and anyone can contribute.

start [GX Offroad]

FB causes this issue every few months.

Mud gets a lot of traffic and I encourage people to use it. It also keeps a lot of "fluff" out of here. We have chapter GXOR groups for a lot of locations now so rides, spotted posts, etc are fewer no.

The reality is a forum, Facebook, wiki, etc are only as good as the people participating. I have a gxoffroad instagram as well.

My suggestion is the same for the mudders as the FB members. Use the one that works for you and try to capture as much as you can in the wiki. Makes it a good reference. There are links to mud all over the wiki. Same with specific vendor stuff.

If you only want one resource and aren't contributing to this forum, the wiki, or FB you are part of the problem. I work on this for hours per day. Do you?

I cross post FB and Mud. I post here and there. I started the wiki to archive known facts and anyone can contribute.

start [GX Offroad]

FB causes this issue every few months.

Mud gets a lot of traffic and I encourage people to use it. It also keeps a lot of "fluff" out of here. We have chapter GXOR groups for a lot of locations now so rides, spotted posts, etc are fewer no.

The reality is a forum, Facebook, wiki, etc are only as good as the people participating. I have a gxoffroad instagram as well.

My suggestion is the same for the mudders as the FB members. Use the one that works for you and try to capture as much as you can in the wiki. Makes it a good reference. There are links to mud all over the wiki. Same with specific vendor stuff.

If you only want one resource and aren't contributing to this forum, the wiki, or FB you are part of the problem. I work on this for hours per day. Do you?

Dan,

Since I started this post, I'll respond under the presumption that your final question in your post is directed at me and not the general group.

That said, no. I do not spend hours a day working on this forum or your Facebook page.

I don't spend hours a day on the internet because I work an average of 60 hours a week and my job does not allow me to focus on non-job related tasks while on-duty. When I get home, my boy and other hobbies don't let me focus on the internet for hours a day either.

I do enjoy when I get a free moment, sitting down, enjoying a cold IPA or glass of single-malt Irish whiskey, and learning all I can from this site and all the others about my new hobby - my GX!

Same thing I've done over the last 20 years with my E36 M3, my Audi S4's, my Triumph Daytona, my cafe racers, guns, fitness, climbing, camping, the military and all my other passions.

As I become more educated on a subject, my level of contribution increases, but when I'm just learning, my contribution comes in the form of asking questions that I can't find the answer to through using the search function. If a question is general about tires or something else I have lots of experience with, I'll chime in, but I won't be able to recommend which "widget is best" for the GX because I've only owned mine for a few months.

So, I asked the question about why I couldn't visit GXOR because I couldn't find an answer and I genuinely liked viewing the site.

That being said, I do hate Facebook and refuse to create a social media account for reasons that aren't relevant to this post or discussion. Hating Facebook in no way means I don't appreciate the time you've put into creating GXOR, it just means I'll be an eternal lurker on that site.

I can tell from reading other posts of your's, you take a lot of pride in pioneering the 'modified GX470' scene and you're very active in wanting to see it blossom into something big through your own trial and error, research and being an active member in the internet community. I respect that and I appreciate your efforts.

Hopefully you didn't misunderstand the purpose of my post to think that I don't appreciate your hard work with GXOR. I do appreciate it and it was these sites that helped me decide to guy a GX instead of an FJ80.

The purpose of my post was to gripe that I couldn't visit the site anymore because I like your site. My passion for Facebook was just a side note.

If your question was rhetorical then feel free to disregard everything I said and view this as me professing my love for beer, whiskey, cars and guns!

The problem is not the information that is posted to Facebook nor the people that are taking the time to contribute. It is the tool itself. Facebook is not a tool to organize, archive and retrieve information in an efficient and easy to use manner in the long term. It is a communication tool over the short term.

Neither is a forum. That's what wiki is for

I miss the days when everyone was on here. But they just aren't I hate FB as well. But joined just because I don't get the help here I used to get with my 80 and 100 series. Seems like all the 120 guys are on FB these days...

Most are on both. I post in both and cross link and build the wiki. There are just as many lurkers here from FB as people looking at FB as lurkers. I keep it public for that reason (even though it causes issues every few months)

Good to know that I'm not the only one that can no longer view gxor as a visitor.

It's too bad i will miss out, but I'm not joining facebook over a forum.

I suspect it will start working again, or you can clear cookies and cache and see if that helps

Why can’t we just get everyone on Mud! I still find it much easier to find good info here than FB.

I encourage everyone to do both! I know I do.

On Facebook, but not a fan. Most of my thread post and information is here

Gone from Facebook, got on the other day and 10 of 13 things I saw where all about politics and I am tried of that stuff. Of the 10, 5 where from people that I don’t follow anymore because of politics, but somehow I am still seeing their stuff, so I deactivated my account

It's still there...

Never had FB, never will. Everyone tells me it would really boost my business's exposure, and I'm sure that's true, but I'm much better at working than self-promoting.

I have checked out that site a few times. To me, It seems very heavy in ads. It seems like they favor certain sellers. I don't go on it much.

Last edited:
Facebook sucks for privacy.

But you only need an email address to register. Just like forum. Dont use your real name, main email and dont give out your phone and then it just become glorified forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom