GX470 Wheel/Tire/Lift Picture Combination Thread (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How do you like those tires? They look like they would be louder than BFG but quieter than STT.. ? I'm about to buy 4 for my Lexus
thanks for any word..

I've only got a few thousand miles on them, but so far so good. I can't really give a true review on them yet. They are noticably louder than the KO2s I have on my Tacoma, but much quieter than MTs installed on other vehicles I've ridden in.

Another photo for reference:

IMG_20191130_115515.jpg

I've only got a few thousand miles on them, but so far so good. I can't really give a true review on them yet. They are noticably louder than the KO2s I have on my Tacoma, but much quieter than MTs installed on other vehicles I've ridden in.

Another photo for reference:

View attachment 2201942
Thanks.. there is a video review from Australia.. the guy is supposed to update soon after 10,000 km. he hinted that they may be good tires for certain circumstances.. I don't need anything louder than a KO2.. thanks for being our ears!!

How does this ride and total cost/lift?
It rides great. The tires have much stiffer sidewalls than the janky HT tires it came with, so it actually feels more like a 4x4 now. The shocks, while no longer adjustable, feel nice and smooth compared to the original 15 year old shocks.

Let's see, I don't have receipts in front of me, but if I were to estimate cost:
$440 or so for the four shocks
$480 or so for the UCAs
$75 for the FJ springs
$280 for the SSO Perch with Toyota isolators
I got new front shock tops, can't remember their proper name but I think they were like $70
$90 for the Alignment

I used the highest setting on the front shocks with the factory springs.

The rear sits higher than the OEM airbag at regular position, but not quite as high as when the airbag was set to the highest position.

I did not take before/after measurements but I can say that my approach angle has improved quite noticeably.

Got some new shoes yesterday!

Tires: 275/70/17 BFG KO2s
Wheels: TRD Pros +4mm offset

Suspension: Stock Suspension
Notes: I removed the running boards and moved the front fender liner about 1in. forward and only rub when I am at full turn lock. I had the same rubbing with 265/70/17s so I am not bothered by it
9CDEAAA9-4DB8-4913-BD41-AD4FB182EDAA.jpeg

Wheels: Black Rhino Arsenal
Tires: Falken Wildpeak at3 285/70/1
Lift: Toytec 3
Trimmed front fenders
Still have things to add on!!
19A163D8-9048-42C2-9E39-9B6113023138.jpeg

Dobinsons spring conversion/2" lift. BFG KO2s 275/70/17. Driver side center of hub to bottom of fender =22 1/4 front 23 1/4 rear. Passenger side 23, front 23 1/4 rear. Need 3/4 driver side puck for level stance. Tires rub a bit at full lock...minor manipulation needed.
20200219_163742.jpg

Dobinsons spring conversion/2" lift. BFG KO2s 275/70/17. Driver side center of hub to bottom of fender =22 1/4 front 23 1/4 rear. Passenger side 23, front 23 1/4 rear. Need 3/4 driver side puck for level stance. Tires rub a bit at full lock...minor manipulation needed. View attachment 2215892
Thatlooks like a good set up. Mine has a lean too... do you have a pic from a bit farther back? Im thinking of getting this exact tire and size but hoping it will fill the fender well enough. I had 255/80r17 KM2s on for like an hour and had them swapped off. They looked great but waaay too loud. Wish ko2s came in 255/80 but 275/70 might be a good compromise.

A couple shots with the KM2s in 255/80r17 with 2” dobinsons lift and conversion. Rubbed a bit inside fender liner but easily fixed with a heat gun. Tires were way too loud and wife was not happy... tires went back.
47A6F8E5-3A71-4532-AFF3-29B18253A521.jpeg

7F410C0B-7D87-491D-8116-A3B133CDC4FD.jpeg

Thatlooks like a good set up. Mine has a lean too... do you have a pic from a bit farther back? Im thinking of getting this exact tire and size but hoping it will fill the fender well enough. I had 255/80r17 KM2s on for like an hour and had them swapped off. They looked great but waaay too loud. Wish ko2s came in 255/80 but 275/70 might be a good compromise.
I was worried about filling the wheel wells also...very happy with the setup and looks great IMO. I can take a pic tomorrow further back if you're interested.

I was worried about filling the wheel wells also...very happy with the setup and looks great IMO. I can take a pic tomorrow further back if you're interested.
Awesome thanks!

what tires did you end up with in the end?
Oh ive got 245/75r17 goodyear silent armor. They’re pretty awesome- off road, on road, sand, snow, ice and they are light but tough. They run 31.6” so they’re an inch bigger than stock. They dont look bad but i want bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom