GX460 LCA on GX470? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title says, has anyone used GX460 front LCAs on a GX470? I'm asking because I'm trying to find cheaper than OEM aftermarket LCAs for my GX470 with KDSS, and it doesn't seem like there is any support for the Sport model. Just want to know before I pull the trigger on bushings or OEM control arms.

Following.

I saw someone in the FB group use 460 arms from RockAuto for this. I myself have so far pressed in new 555 ball joints in the lowers, but I still need to do the bushings for them. Might go with Moog for those bushings.

I think the lower shock mount is a different width for a 460 vs. 470. You could always buy one and compare them side-by-side, then return it if not. If the shock mount is a different width, perhaps you could use a washer to fill the gap.

You have to get 460 cam bolts and use a burr to open up the holes for the lower cam bolts too. I am not sure about the shock mount width thing, but the cam bolt thing is an extra expense.

If they fit, they would be the same part number.

I rebuilt a set of stock ones on a rust free example. Ruined the first set, pressing out the bushings out with a bottle jack is not easy, contrary to several accounts. Unless the bushings are already loose, you will bend the s*** out of the control arm before they release. I had to buy a different set at a junkyard and had a shop press them out.

If I did it again, I'd buy whole new lower control arms from Toyota. It's worth the price for the longevity. Mine were shot at 270k miles. That's a long run. By the time you buy new OEM ball joints and bushings, then pay for pressing, it's a wash.

Also contrary to popular belief is that aftermarket camber bolts are superior. Not the case. Mine stripped out when torqued to spec (SPC). It's rather dangerous when your vehicle goes completely out of alignment the first time you slam on the brakes. The thread pitch is too coarse. Stick with OEM, worth the price, easier to adjust. Protect them with aftermarket cam gussets. Are they hard to get out? Yes. Will they go out of alignment? No.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom