GX 460 Sales (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With these GXs getting more popular, what can I expect to get for my 2017?
The question may not be, "What can I get for my 2017?" but, "What can I afford after I sell it??"

Last edited:
The question may not be, "What can I get for my 2017?" but, "What can afford after I sell it??"
Bingo!

I managed to get a decent price for my GX470 I sold and I paid only a minimal markup (option packages) with I bought my 2022 Toyota RAV4 Prime. I suppose it depends on the vehicle you want to buy on the markup..?

Bah, it’s a piece of junk. I’ll take it off your hands for $5k.
As Short Round once said in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, "You one funny guy!"

Bingo!

I managed to get a decent price for my GX470 I sold and I paid only a minimal markup (option packages) with I bought my 2022 Toyota RAV4 Prime. I suppose it depends on the vehicle you want to buy on the markup..?
Either new tundra or a rebel. I need a truck bad. We decided to keep the 4runner as it only has 40k miles. Or keep the GX too and buy a older tundra.

Either new tundra or a rebel. I need a truck bad. We decided to keep the 4runner as it only has 40k miles. Or keep the GX too and buy a older tundra.

Keep the GX and buy the older truck. I do really like the Rebel, almost bought one, at the time we didn’t need a truck. Funny, now we do haha. I’m likely going to buy the RAM EV when it comes out in 2023/2024.

Keep the GX and buy the older truck. I do really like the Rebel, almost bought one, at the time we didn’t need a truck. Funny, now we do haha. I’m likely going to buy the RAM EV when it comes out in 2023/2024.
It’s a hard decision. GX is about to be paid off so trade in would be nice on a new rebel with that massive screen and panoramic roof. Decisions, decisions…

It’s a hard decision. GX is about to be paid off so trade in would be nice on a new rebel with that massive screen and panoramic roof. Decisions, decisions…
That roof! I need a pano roof in my life.

I'm hanging onto my '12 until it is non-drivable or I can no longer get parts for it. :)

Heck it might see life with an EV powertrain transplant 15 years down the road.

Heck it might see life with an EV powertrain transplant 15 years down the road.
Too bad the conversions available now are super bloody expensive or I’d do it now instead of contemplating selling it for a BEV.

They are everywhere here in the DFW area - and I've only seen a couple that weren't soccer mom mall crawlers. Mine gets looks for sure because it is so different than all the others.
Totally. It's a nice way to blend in. I've never seen one get pulled over by the cops

There were 3 new GX460's and 1 used one for sell at Lexus Of Cerritos this weekend. The 2022 Silver/Grey one has been sitting on the lot for over a month now. Same deal at Newport Lexus. The GX460 is a slow seller. Lots of RX350's available and they seem to be the most popular as that's what the customers are flocking to.

My wife and I are not "needing" a vehicle and we are in a great position to buy without the nonsense of dealer markup or even at MSRP. The market is beginning to drop on the some of the "overland craze" vehicles. I'm ready to buy as soon as I'm able to get closer to Invoice or fleet pricing. Even with AAA pricing the Lexus dealers are not budging much under MSRP right now. I imagine the hitch debacle has something to do with the slow down in sales.

The 4Runner is in really high demand and it's hard to find the 4wd models on any dealers lot. The new Sequoia pricing remains to be seen. It will be interesting what the next year will bring in the way of pricing.

For the time being I will continue to run my 150,000 mile 17 year old 2WD GMC Sierra into the ground. With TruTac diff, 3.73 gears and ice breaker snow chains, it is not too bad for getting us up to the cabin or other off road traveling for camping and hauling my Beta around. The disadvantage of my rig is manual transmission and no AC. It makes for a tough ride in the summer desert heat.

So it's GX460, 4Runner or new Sequoia for our budget when the pricing calms down. Of course life could throw those plans out the window. But for now......

Sequoia pricing:

SR5 4x2 $59,795
SR5 4x4 $62,795
Limited 4x2 $66,195
Limited 4x4 $69,195
Platinum 4x2 $72,395
Platinum 4x4 $75,395
TRD Pro 4x4 $78,395
Capstone 4x2 $76,795
Capstone 4x4 $79,795

Sequoia pricing:

SR5 4x2 $59,795
SR5 4x4 $62,795
Limited 4x2 $66,195
Limited 4x4 $69,195
Platinum 4x2 $72,395
Platinum 4x4 $75,395
TRD Pro 4x4 $78,395
Capstone 4x2 $76,795
Capstone 4x4 $79,795

I saw those prices too. Not sure about how accurate they are. But I bet you are pretty darn close. I'm really bummed that the third row seating and batteries take up so much room.

A premium equipped GX460 is just under 60K. I just wished it had the 360 deg camera and transmission cooler option on that trim level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom