GX 460 Sales (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
lexusgxor.com
4,139 sold in December 2020. Second highest GX sales month since December 2005

4,139 sold in December 2020. Second highest GX sales month since December 2005

Well that's a December to remember. I noticed that they also sold more total GXs in 2020 than any other year since 2005 as well. Interesting, especially considering the Covid dumpster fire that 2020 was in general. :poop:

The GX460 is the ONLY brand-new car/truck I'd ever consider buying. it might the last body-on-frame, NA V8, solid rear-axle SUV ever sold, aside from it's Land Cruiser brother which costs nearly double.

The GX460 is the ONLY brand-new car/truck I'd ever consider buying. it might the last body-on-frame, NA V8, solid rear-axle SUV ever sold, aside from it's Land Cruiser brother which costs nearly double.
Happy to have both. When I first started modding the GX I wasn't sure that I made the right choice and found it a bit feminine but the more I use it the more I come to appreciate it and like it even more.

Happy to have both. When I first started modding the GX I wasn't sure that I made the right choice and found it a bit feminine but the more I use it the more I come to appreciate it and like it even more.
Ha-ha! To me, the GX is about a girlie as an Abrams M1A2!
It only starts looking that way when Mom's let their kids put those vinyl stickies of Dora the Explorer, Little Mermaid, or Barney the Dinosaur (is he even around any more?) on the windows.

Ha-ha! To me, the GX is about a girlie as an Abrams M1A2!
It only starts looking that way when Mom's let their kids put those vinyl stickies of Dora the Explorer, Little Mermaid, or Barney the Dinosaur (is he even around any more?) on the windows.
Agree, never thought the 460 was feminine. Mine is driven by my wife though, who did added stickers......

IMG-1740 (1).jpg

If you see the majority of those who drive them here in Texas then you'll understand my comment.

If you see the majority of those who drive them here in Texas then you'll understand my comment.
For all it's worth, they really are superb family vehicles, but built like an Abrams so I can understand a mothers attachment to them.

They are everywhere here in the DFW area - and I've only seen a couple that weren't soccer mom mall crawlers. Mine gets looks for sure because it is so different than all the others.

There are a CRAP TON of 460’s in north Texas. I even see them out here in the rural NE Texas. It’s strange but they are all clearly pavement queens and that’s ok with me since that just means a better pre-owned vehicle down the road. I get thumbs up while driving mine, especially after removing the running boards. lol

I get the feminine vibe, although my wife, upon learning I was buying one, simply asked why I wanted an 80 year old mans SUV.

It’s been an ongoing joke and now I regularly have her stashing Werthers Original around the GX. It has let up some over the last year, but she enjoys pointing out ever GX we see and waiting until we can confirm or deny the elder man driving it. I’d say around Colorado, it’s been about 49/49 older gentlemen and soccer moms and 2% us cool cats. Definitely a stronger 470 crowd around here. Though someone in town has a built dark gray 460 I catch a glimpse of sometimes.

In Houston it's overwhelmingly young soccer mom types or the freshly retired upper middle class Karen's of the world. Occasionally I see an older gentleman driving one but he's likely just taking it to gas it up for his wife lol, jk.

I get the feminine vibe, although my wife, upon learning I was buying one, simply asked why I wanted an 80 year old mans SUV.

It’s been an ongoing joke and now I regularly have her stashing Werthers Original around the GX. It has let up some over the last year, but she enjoys pointing out ever GX we see and waiting until we can confirm or deny the elder man driving it. I’d say around Colorado, it’s been about 49/49 older gentlemen and soccer moms and 2% us cool cats. Definitely a stronger 470 crowd around here. Though someone in town has a built dark gray 460 I catch a glimpse of sometimes.
Once it catches on how buildable and amazing these GXs are in and around Colorado, that 2% cool cats number is going to go up! Well, ok, probably only to 6%, but still! lol

Once it catches on how buildable and amazing these GXs are in and around Colorado, that 2% cool cats number is going to go up! Well, ok, probably only to 6%, but still! lol
Let’s hope that popularity keeps prices up (for those of us who own them). Colorado is notorious for elevated prices on capable 4x4s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom