GSMTR 2010 June 7-13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lol...what happened?...I'm in sunny Arizona with not a care in the world :)

lol...what happened?...I'm in sunny Arizona with not a care in the world :)

I told them to take some food too! :beer:
photo2.jpg

I guess they got it fixed, just received this pic from Ted this morning...

Them curbs can be rough ted:flipoff2:

Anybody know who has a 40 with a RTT on a military trailer? Last weekend there was one stopped in Macon near my house fueling up. Asked him where he was heading and it was GSMTR. Nice rig for sure. Just sad he was part of TLCA.

Thats Terry Stephens. He also owns the red/white 55 that will we are re-rebuilding and which be back at GSMTR next year. He has driven that 40 about 15,000 miles in the last year.
On the road 2 152.jpg

Last edited:
Got home about 2:00 yesterday afternoon. Would have been about 12:30 or 1:00, but I locked the keys in the switch of the 75 in McDonalds in Sparta. Brian (sepr2) was nice enough to use his AAA card and call for a "pop-a-lock", he also sat there with me for an hour waiting for the guy to show up. Not major trail carnage but it is still nice to have some help out there on the road.

Thanks again Brian. I owe you a cold Natural Light.

Sid

I locked the keys in the switch of the 75 in McDonalds in Sparta. Brian (sepr2) was nice enough to use his AAA card and call for a "pop-a-lock", he also sat there with me for an hour waiting for the guy to show up.

Sid

bummer, glad it only it took an hour. My wife did that one time and it took 2 1/2 hours for AAA. Anyway, good trip Cid!

I got home about 2:45 and Larry definitely get the gets the "slowest truck over the mountain" award.

We didn't get to see many of the trails b/c I broke early. The "easy" trails were not so easy. I bent the tie rod on one of these easy trails just a few hours after getting camp setup. We were just trying to get a feel for the place and I tried to climb set of rocks about 2 ft tall, missed the line and the end result was horse shoe shaped tie rod. I still blame Brooks! Trail 2 sure does look different at night especially when you miss a turn and start going up trail 6, hehe. :steer::steer:

Here's a few more, Burgess Falls was very cool
GSMTR 2010 154.jpg
GSMTR 2010 134.jpg
GSMTR 2010 008.jpg

Thanks for coming guys! GaC always seems to have a good time. Hope to see all of you next year!

I got home about 2:45 and Larry definitely get the gets the "slowest truck over the mountain" award.

I WON!! I WON!! And I thought I came away empty handed from the Raffle.

You are being too nice. I was dog arse slow going up several of those hills.

On the bright side, the worst my truck did on the hills was more than three times faster than my pace cycling up Kennesaw Mtn this evening. Again, I am the limiting factor for the vehicle.

Thanks for coming guys! GaC always seems to have a good time. Hope to see all of you next year!

nope, I'm done, You guys suck! jk!:flipoff2: had a great time.

I WON!! I WON!! And I thought I came away empty handed from the Raffle.

You are being too nice. I was dog arse slow going up several of those hills.

On the bright side, the worst my truck did on the hills was more than three times faster than my pace cycling up Kennesaw Mtn this evening. Again, I am the limiting factor for the vehicle.

Thanks again for the help and cutting wheel use Larry

Here's a few more. I simply didn't take many pictures but I'll share the worthy ones

The drive up was beautiful in some areas.
P1020749small.JPG

Home for 3 days, you can see my "workbench" in the foreground
P1020741small.JPG

A lot of cool Cruisers but this one I thought was especially good. An extended 40 body on an 80 frame, very cool. He has a build thread on here somewhere. search fzj40 i think
P1020748small.JPG
P1020749small.JPG
P1020741small.JPG
P1020748small.JPG

One more set of pics

I hope the video is decent, i-phone video usually sucks

Ben inspecting his handy work
GSMTR 2010 020.jpg

Sid's 70, still should've won best of show I think
P1020739small.jpg

Lining up for the raffle and band
P1020747small.jpg
GSMTR 2010 020.jpg
P1020739small.jpg
P1020747small.jpg

71 Cruiser that is the rig. Is he from Ga or Fla? Just curious dont see too many rigs down this way.

The 70 series pickup? Thats a GA plate. I want to say it was a county in the Atlanta area. Can't make it out in the picture.

Thanks to all i had a blast. I was amazed how a stock 80 could out perform so many rigs!!! People pulled straps and cable and i drove right by the steps on trail 2 !!! Dad had fun too. who's the poor commentator on the video And who has the group photo

YouTube - GSMTR 2010 2

Last edited:
Thanks to all i had a blast. I was amazed how a stock 80 could out perform so many rigs!!! People pulled straps and cable and i drove right by the steps on trail 2 !!! Dad had fun too. who's the poor commentator on the video And who has the group photo

YouTube - GSMTR 2010 2

Since you had a good time, are you looking forward to your next outing? If so, will you be sporting the IPOR rear bumper that Josh is offering up? [a deal is a deal] Good luck

i need rock sliders WAY before a bumper ...Sorry Josh

71 Cruiser that is the rig. Is he from Ga or Fla? Just curious dont see too many rigs down this way.

He is from WV but regularly drives his 40 between Logan WV, New Orleans and Ft Myers FL. about 8000 miles since the first of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom