GSMTR 2010 June 7-13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The more I see Lance's FZJ40, the more I think why more folks haven't tried this approach. Not using a hardtop or softop, there's really not much to relocating body mounts or stretching the midsection of a 40 to fit the 80's frame. I'd think you'd need to have good wiring abilities though for adapting that 80 harness. Speaking of Harness, I think Mike should tackle one of these to show ACC's mad fabbin skillz :grinpimp:

We are in the process of putting a 74 FJ55 onto an 80 frame as we speak. The frame is shorted a few inches and back from the frame shop to confirm its trueness. Stay tuned...
frame.JPG

:smokin: Right on dude! That :pig: is gonna have a comfy ride & way better flex than stock. It looks like you kept the :pig: frame & added the 80 suspension parts :confused: Would it not have been easier to use the 80 frame or was it too wide & why was it cut down? Is that a 60 series P/S box? You going to just use the stock :pig: wiring? Can't wait to see a build thread or progress pics would be good enough ;p

<Edit>
I initially saw you mentioned using an 80 frame, but then I noticed how it looked exactly like a :pig: frame. I assumed the 80 frame would have a much higher arch over the rear axle, just like all coiled Jxxps, to have the coil spring mounts there. That is, unless the 80 coils are mounted inboard of the frame. :doh:

Last edited:
We are in the process of putting a 74 FJ55 onto an 80 frame as we speak.

All 80 frame / drivetrain w/ SC / and wiring.... Factory Lockers, part time 4wd, all 55 body and interior.

We have some other big projects that we have to get done (12ht 60, 67 Firebird, 2 80 engine rebuilds etc) before the Pig gets a lot of attention but it is in the works.

OK, probably not as big as those projects, but she is BIG... Bertha's engine swap is gonna happen in the next few weeks too. Oh, was I not supposed to mention JXXP builds here? :D

We are in the process of putting a 74 FJ55 onto an 80 frame as we speak. The frame is shorted a few inches and back from the frame shop to confirm its trueness. Stay tuned...

All 80 frame / drivetrain w/ SC / and wiring.... Factory Lockers, part time 4wd, all 55 body and interior.

We have some other big projects that we have to get done (12ht 60, 67 Firebird, 2 80 engine rebuilds etc) before the Pig gets a lot of attention but it is in the works.

I soooo wish I had the $ for something like that - AWESOME!
drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

OK, probably not as big as those projects, but she is BIG... Bertha's engine swap is gonna happen in the next few weeks too. Oh, was I not supposed to mention JXXP builds here? :D

That's alright, I know she's a Cruiser Chick at heart. Besides, who wouldn't want to do an engine swap for Bertha. :clap::clap: She deserves it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom