GSMTR 2010 June 7-13 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So how far is the meeting place from Kennesaw? I'll try to time picking up Larry's daughter with the 9:00 am meeting time.

Obviously I'm gonna fall in with you way further north, I think you'll be about 45 minutes from Kennesaw to Resaca. I'll shoot my # to you via PM for Friday morning but I know there are a few dead cell zones around Carter's lake.

Hey all puffin smoke signals from Augusta!!!!! Anyone to head up on Monday? Workin sunday night and leaving whenever to hopefully set camp before nighfall! My dad and I. may can squeeze a passenger if need be. Rookie practice before the Mini truck shows up hehehehe!!

I think Brian (Sepr2) is going up Tuesday from Duluth but not sure.

Oh yea its also time to start being a HAM again. Anyone have any gear they wanna part with????
KI4ULV

Are you saying you're a ham or need ham equipment?:flipoff2:

Last edited:
Still haeding up early thursday morning may be in the FJ62 my FJ60 is running like s*** since the deep water in tennessee. If I can't figure out whats up I'll drive the FJ62 up and bum rides off ya'll.

Im actually leaving Wed morning, maybe 8ish from Duluth...

Ted I just need equipment . I sold it all a couple years back. Quick easy money at the time. Anyway if anyone wants to part with some stuff I would like to set up a mobile station and also put a unit in the 80.
The FCC has all my updated info, if you were wondering . I'm an entry level. Call sign
KI4ULV

Ted I just need equipment . I sold it all a couple years back. Quick easy money at the time. Anyway if anyone wants to part with some stuff I would like to set up a mobile station and also put a unit in the 80.
The FCC has all my updated info, if you were wondering . I'm an entry level. Call sign
KI4ULV

That's a relief, we already have enough hams in the club. :hmm: Probably not gonna find a lot of HAM equipment on this page but if you look here you might have better luck:

Electronic Toys

I hate Mondays. I'm ready to leave now.

Steenh--sent you my cell#. I know you're in the hundy so I'm just gonna tell ya now, the days of me doin' 80 in the rig are llloooooonnnnggg gone. I can role 65-70 on the flats though.

I hate Mondays. I'm ready to leave now.

Steenh--sent you my cell#. I know you're in the hundy so I'm just gonna tell ya now, the days of me doin' 80 in the rig are llloooooonnnnggg gone. I can role 65-70 on the flats though.

Sent mine back.

So, that's payback for the times you had to putt along when I was in the 40?

Sent mine back.

So, that's payback for the times you had to putt along when I was in the 40?

Soooo, just caught onto this thread. I'm getting slow in my older age. My fiance (yes, you read correctly) and I will be headed up Friday, whenever. I have to see when I can get off, or if I can take the whole day. If I can get the whole day, we will head out pretty early. I have to drop my son at school around 8-830 (exit 13 off 400), but can head out from there.

If we can make the caravan, we'd love to join. If not, we will see y'all there. If you are gonna try to camp together, save us a spot with or near y'all.

Hell, if you run 65-70, we might catch up or even beat you there.

Lookin forward to it!! Fresh exhaust system, repaired winch and most importantly, fully repaired and functional rear locker (not to make you jealous Steen) should make for a great weekend.

Still haeding up early thursday morning may be in the FJ62 my FJ60 is running like s*** since the deep water in tennessee. If I can't figure out whats up I'll drive the FJ62 up and bum rides off ya'll.

This trip is getting sketchier by the day. Trucks up and running haven't test driven it yet, that will be this evening. Changed the oil, I was under the truck putting the drain plug back in and glanced at the passenger side of the axle, something looked odd. Took a double take and the entire bottom half of my shock is gone! The bolt and rubber bushing is still there but the body is gone, the top half is just dangling from the upper mount, saweet I'm gonna have to jump through my ass to get this rig up there but I'll be there rig or no rig.
:beer:

This trip is getting sketchier by the day. Trucks up and running haven't test driven it yet, that will be this evening. Changed the oil, I was under the truck putting the drain plug back in and glanced at the passenger side of the axle, something looked odd. Took a double take and the entire bottom half of my shock is gone! The bolt and rubber bushing is still there but the body is gone, the top half is just dangling from the upper mount, saweet I'm gonna have to jump through my ass to get this rig up there but I'll be there rig or no rig.

hell man just get a new shock, they're cheap and you're gonna need one anyway so man-up and get 'er dun! :flipoff2: fer that matter, steal one off the other truck if ya gotta.

if it comes to it and you're still in town Thursday night I'll drive up there and knock it out fer ya', I'll even write up and instructional sheet for future reference. :idea: Wait a minute, I might even have a spare shock if ya need so not only will I install it but I'll provide the shock as well. :grinpimp:

Soooo, just caught onto this thread. I'm getting slow in my older age. My fiance (yes, you read correctly) and I will be headed up Friday, whenever. I have to see when I can get off, or if I can take the whole day. If I can get the whole day, we will head out pretty early. I have to drop my son at school around 8-830 (exit 13 off 400), but can head out from there.

If we can make the caravan, we'd love to join. If not, we will see y'all there. If you are gonna try to camp together, save us a spot with or near y'all.

Hell, if you run 65-70, we might catch up or even beat you there.

Lookin forward to it!! Fresh exhaust system, repaired winch and most importantly, fully repaired and functional rear locker (not to make you jealous Steen) should make for a great weekend.

Fiance? Congrats I think, but I'll let you know after this weekend :grinpimp:

I'm hoping there will be some room when we get up there! Going to be a fun one! Hopefully we'll see you on the road.

Locker on not, I'm driving it!

Ok. Truck is ready to go. Well, the rear locker is rebuilt and functioning, the exhaust now exits the tailpipe, rather than the numerous leaks along the way. Now I just gotta get to the bottom of my non-functioning winch. ACC thinks it is the motor itself, since the solenoids seem to be fine. I'll figure that out later.

Now, if I can get the oil changed, get the gear loaded and get everything I need to get done at work, I'll be good.

Can't wait for this weekend!

hell man just get a new shock, they're cheap and you're gonna need one anyway so man-up and get 'er dun! :flipoff2: fer that matter, steal one off the other truck if ya gotta.

if it comes to it and you're still in town Thursday night I'll drive up there and knock it out fer ya', I'll even write up and instructional sheet for future reference. :idea: Wait a minute, I might even have a spare shock if ya need so not only will I install it but I'll provide the shock as well. :grinpimp:

Not to worry I have all bases covered.

just got an email from Sepr2, he made it ok but said the camping where he's at is crowded, said was a field next to where he's at. Also mentioned he needed a :beer:

Ted,

2 hours from Covington to Resaca. See you about 8:30.

Anymore reports on the camping conditions?

Sid

Ted,

2 hours from Covington to Resaca. See you about 8:30.

Anymore reports on the camping conditions?

Sid

just that there was no shortage of rain ponchos yesterday. might also want to bring the bug fogger

See you about 8:30

just that there was no shortage of rain ponchos yesterday. might also want to bring the bug fogger

See you about 8:30

8:30 is perfect. I'll see you all there.

8:30 is perfect. I'll see you all there.

good deal.

got an email from Brian a little while ago, apparently there's a shortage of dry dirt up there from all the rain yesterday, said he got stuck on the way to the showers this morning. hehehehehehe! :cheers:

bring lots of socks and shoes ladies :flipoff2:

That's the way she goes!...:popcorn:
photo1.jpg

I'm sure they'll have it fix before sun down...:wrench:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom