Gsmtr 2009 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Although we were not going to be able to go to GSMTR, if this transpires we could do at least some of this. I have not been to SMORR but hear great things about it from the guys I wheel with locally.
Everyone would love FlatNasty. It has everything the Badlands has except the sand dunes. One of the extreme trails is approprietly named All Day Sucker and is paralelled by the main road through the park so everyone could watch. This should replace Hannibal on the to do list. I agree with John's asessment of Hannibal and they also have limited days for wheelin', we would probably have to make arrangements with Tom the owner to open it for specific days.
One other park that is on the unknown list to many people is Washita MX in Farmington Mo. It has only been open to 4x4's for a couple of years but has excellent intermediate trails. The area is almost all rock base and wide open trails. We are going there this weekend and will take a bunch of pics to try and give you guys a good idea of what it is like. Washita Trails Motorcross
The Gateway Cruisers are who we will be with this weekend and I'm sure some of them would be willing to do portions of this as well. Most of the group have 80's.

Thanks guys for thinking about us. Tellico can use any help you can give it. I just can't fathom the thought of moving the event next year. But GSMTR will never go away.

Let me know if you need anything.

Again thanks.

I'm all in for the mini UA. ( that's UALL- TA- MATE AD-VENT-TURE Phil) Already got the time scheduled off. Sounds like some discussin will be goin on at the May event...

I got to see alot of the trails at Washita and I think it has alot to offer all of you for a possible HCUA destination. Some of the pics in the album are just senic pics to give you an idea of the general terrain. There are also some trails that have some really tight spots for the 60 & 80 guys but they should all be doable.

Bills excellent adventure pictures by ohsewgood - Photobucket

Primative camping is $5 a night anywhere on there 1200 acres and they also have electric sites as well. It cost us $30 for 2 days insted of the normal $20 a vehicle per day and passengers are free.

If you are at all interested I may be able to work out a group rate as well.

That looks like a pretty cool place Bill. Reminds me of the Smokies a little too. So what would a map look like for Washita, SMORR, and Flat Nasty? Like someone did earlier in the thread. Awesome photos by the way.

Looks like an awesome trip...lots of off the beaten path roads. Thanks for posting.

Im in!

kinda hard to do 66 in one week. Especially since it brings me too close to grand canyon not to stop, and grand canyon brings me too close to vegas, and if im going to vegas I may as well go to moab, and once im in moab it just makes sense to head to rocky mountain national park on my way to 1-80 :D

it would be a trip I wouldnt be doing in the truck. Definitely company car. Free gas:flipoff2:

I would consider a renting a car and possibly flying back. No point in driving back through what you already saw. I would have to pay for gas but worth it for convenience

Plus you could rent something that is not a chevy impala :rolleyes:

Did somebody say road trip to Vegas?

I have had a 2-3 week road trip planned for years I just havent taken it.

Either take rte 66 the whole way to the grand canyon, or high tail it to west texas and hook up with 66 there and go to the grand canyon and see all the stuff on the way. then vegas, then moab, then CO (hook up with some clubs and wheel the scenic s***/maybe plan the trip to land on the CO4RJ), then i80 back.

All in the red 4runner. :flipoff2:

I was thinking..
Fly to Vegas, gamble, rent a Chebby HHR and wheel it, gamble some more. Fly back.

They do ok....the landings are a little harsh....:meh:

Picture063-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom