Group buy -Double Cardan front driveshaft $300 Sep 2015 driveline (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Called and paid.

From a post a ways back, just in case others were like me wondering what happened to this thread.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here is who is who I have on our list:

@Summiteer (rear)

@Oscar Witte
@moodytico
@Kamzee
@msapers
@mod5csi
@2fpower
@jfmaillot (front & rear)
@blkprj80
@200LC
@Anvil (rear)
@DavidinAZ
@autoluxury
@ginericLC
@dogfishlake (rear)
@Dissent

Here is what you need to do.

1. Email @mnitrob your name and address, if you want front or rear or both, and the measurement from flange to flange (in general fronts tend to be around 31.5" and rears are around 38" long). His email is michaelbennett24@gmail.com (He will then send the master list to Curtis)
2. After you email, call Curtis 801-685-0056 and pay your $300
3. You will receive your driveline in 2 weeks.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I just threw in a bunch of at symbols to hopefully let all of you know.

Jim - blkprj80

I just called Curtis, gave him my details...he was mostly concerned with my shaft length for some reason.

Also just emailed over the rest of my details to you Mike. Thanks for coordinating this group buy.

Hi Fellas,

I have not received shipping name/address/mud name from the following people: (please email me and pay Curtis ASAP)

autoluxury
ginericLC
Dissent
Oscar Witte
moodytico
msapers

I have the following people's shipping info complete (and assume you paid already)
Summiteer (rear)
Kamzee
dogfishlake (rear)
mod5csi
2fpower
jfmaillot (front & rear)
blkprj80
200LC
Anvil (rear)
DavidinAZ

Hi Fellas,

I have not received shipping name/address/mud name from the following people: (please email me and pay Curtis ASAP)

autoluxury
ginericLC
Dissent
Oscar Witte
moodytico
msapers

I have the following people's shipping info complete (and assume you paid already)
Summiteer (rear)
Kamzee
dogfishlake (rear)
mod5csi
2fpower
jfmaillot (front & rear)
blkprj80
200LC
Anvil (rear)
DavidinAZ
Mike, you are missing me on the paid/complete list

I've given my shipping info directly to Curtis when we spoke.

I already paid Curtis as well.

Any guess as to when the driveshafts are going out? I'm going on a trip in the 80 in a week and I'd love to get my driveshaft in by then. Just curious, thanks

Received mine today and installed them. Curtis does very nice work! Does anyone know how to torque the transfer case side? The CV joint is in the way to get a socket in there. Maybe a long, skinny rimmed combo wrench with built in 54 and 65 pound torque values? :). Going for a test drive later, will report back.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1442545118.988705.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1442545133.103980.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1442545147.534822.jpg

Vibrations are gone! I'll drive a bit on the usual work commute but overall it's so much better. I think I can just remove the axle ends and swing the shaft aside to torque the transfer case end then reattach the axle side.

Sweet! Glad to hear you got it and working well. I'm going wheeling next week so I hope I get mine too, I bet I will.

My front dc shaft was a sob to install the transfer side (I ordered the rear this time). I guess the tight fit is the norm

I'm going to pickup a handful of new nuts and a 14mm socket/u-joint all-in-one along with an extra long 14mm wrench today in hopes to get them properly torqued.

Anybody else get their driveshaft yet? Just wondering when I might see mine. @Dissent, did yours come UPS or Fedex? Thanks

UPS. Long Triangle Boxes.

So I ordered new nuts and bolts from the dealer which came to $60 surprisingly. The front hardware is different than the back and the rear nuts are about $3.50 each!

I found this socket at Sears which fits great and allows me to torque the nuts properly on the CV end. Mission accomplished!
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1442624518.335021.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom