Group buy -Double Cardan front driveshaft $300 Sep 2015 driveline (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like Summiteer, I have the front shaft (as of a few days ago), and am very happy with it. I would be very interested in a rear shaft... I'll call Curtis Monday and see if this applies to the group buy. If so, I'm in!

Summiteer, I once lived down the road from you, in Cory. I miss the backside of the Grand Mesa!

Interested to know what Curtis says about the rear DS too and how much $$$...

Yeah the Grand Mesa is pretty cool, was just wheeling on Marcott Road last weekend.

Wasn't there an issue with the flanges being too thick on these DC shafts? I believe it was an issue with inadequate thread engagement.

There was an issue, Curtis took care of it on his dime I believe. I ended up getting one with the thicker flange and just kept it as it was. Over one year later and 0 problems.

I'm in for a front shaft with thin (OEM thickness) flanges. My front shaft is off right now so the sooner the better!! When do I contact Curtis?

All right fellas, here's the skinny.

Just spoke to Curtis and he asked that I compile the name and address of each order...

He said the Rear is the same price as the front $300, so he will honor the $300 for either front or rear.

He now machine's down the flange to factory thickness so it bolts right up to the factory application.

Here is who is who I have on our list:

Summiteer (rear)

Oscar Witte
moodytico
Kamzee
msapers
mod5csi
2fpower
jfmaillot (front & rear)
blkprj80
200LC
Anvil (rear)
DavidinAZ
autoluxury
ginericLC
dogfishlake (rear)
Dissent

Here is what you need to do.

1. Email me your name and address, if you want front or rear or both, and the measurement from flange to flange (in general fronts tend to be around 31.5" and rears are around 38" long). My email is michaelbennett24@gmail.com (I then send the master list to Curtis)
2. After you email me, call Curtis 801-685-0056 and pay your $300
3. You will receive your driveline in 2 weeks.

Thanks!

Drove to work this morning on the rear shaft only and the GRRR is back! Found out I have slop in the splines on both shafts so I'm in for both. Thanks for putting this together mnitrob!!

I'm paid up, Curtis sounds like a real good dude. Thanks @mnitrob for setting this up

Measuring between the inside flanges, where the bolt head and washer rests, the front is 31.5", rear is 37.25". Is this about what you guys are seeing?

Cool! Just sent you an email. Thanks a bunch!

I got 38.25 on my rear ds... I have about 4" of lift

Interesting, thank you.

i will try and get this done tomorrow. Need to measure the front driveshaft. thank you

I'm not home right now.
Can someone give me the measurements for front and rear for a 4" lift?
Thank you guys

I'm not home right now.
Can someone give me the measurements for front and rear for a 4" lift?
Thank you guys
My rear driveshaft was 37 7/8", so basically 38" with a 4" lift

Just Called Curtis and I'm all paid up!

Mine was probably 38.25" because I extended and sleeved my lower control arms 1/2" or so. I doubt 1/4" this way or that is going to make a difference anyway due to the slip joint.

Oh, this got lost off the 80 forum. CONFUSING, when you are trying to find something.

My front pumpkin is out right now, so trying to figure out what to tell Curtis. I have 2.5 lift on my rig. What size driveshafts are you all measuring?

I have the OME 2 1/2" lift and I measured 31.5" for the front.

And I agree, I did a search to see what happened, and here it is over in group buy forum. Very Confusing for sure!

@mnitrob Could you message the folks who may have gotten lost? It might help Curtis get all the sales we promised. Thanks!

Paid and anxiously waiting!

I have the OME 2 1/2" lift and I measured 31.5" for the front.

And I agree, I did a search to see what happened, and here it is over in group buy forum. Very Confusing for sure!

@mnitrob Could you message the folks who may have gotten lost? It might help Curtis get all the sales we promised. Thanks!
I have the same, and measured the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom