Good vendor for HJ47 / 2H radiator? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cbmontgo

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking to clean up my engine compartment with newer equipment. My radiator has lots of fin damage and is old. Are there any vendors that sell a copper OEM-equivalent radiator? It is discontinued from Toyota and the only copper radiator vendor appears to be Repco in Australia.

I'd prefer not to go with aluminum if possible.

You can try and have your current radiator Re-cored. It is expensive and getting harder to find places that still offer that service.
This was the route I took. Was not cheap (about $500 IIRC), but I was happy to have it done by a trusted local shop.

Plenty of them from the AU folks. We have a favorable exchange and shipping wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be when I ordered a couple.

Thanks. I ended up with aluminum. None of the Australian vendors with the OEM-looking radiators ship to the USA, at least not the ones that I found. A recore was going to cost $800+ locally.

I'll get it installed some time this week. I'm excited to give my cooling system an overhaul.
IMG_2647.JPG

Well, the radiator hoses finally showed up from Australia and I started laying out parts for install. Not only are the side rails too narrow for the radiator surround, the fan shroud will have to be cut to make room for the inlet (and I'm not going to cut an OEM shroud). This is the aluminum one that you see all over eBay for an HJ47. I'm here to tell you that it doesn't fit. It appears that all of the aftermarket aluminum ones come from the same place, and probably have the same fitment issues.

So, I'm back to square one. @Splangy who do you recommend that carries the OEM style?

IMG_1249.JPG
IMG_1247.JPG

Oi i hope its not too late but i fitted my aus spec hj47 with an ADRAD radiator which was a really good product. I'll try and find some pics but it was a copper radiator that looked similar to the stock one. They are a local company to me and i would bet that you might have to ring them to get the best deal/response.

Do you have a build thread on mud for your hj47? Also i forgot to mention the ADRAD fits the factory location.

Oi i hope its not too late but i fitted my aus spec hj47 with an ADRAD radiator which was a really good product. I'll try and find some pics but it was a copper radiator that looked similar to the stock one. They are a local company to me and i would bet that you might have to ring them to get the best deal/response.

The one that I'm looking at in New South Wales is a Repco. Do you have a link or contact info for ADRAD?

I have never done a thread for the HJ47. I should do that soon.

The one that I'm looking at in New South Wales is a Repco. Do you have a link or contact info for ADRAD?

I have never done a thread for the HJ47. I should do that soon.
I'd love to see a thread on that one i hope i don't miss it when you post it.

Tbh i would personally not buy the repco radiator. They will tell you that its pretty darn good but they are the el cheapos and their parts are far from the top of the range.

Adrads website:ADRAD Group - Australia's Radiator Supplier

Well, an old school mechanical that I know in Dallas recommended an old school radiator shop to me. I dropped it off this morning to get re-cored. Should have it back in a couple of days. Pretty stoked.

I’m curious to see what they charge for the recore. My troopy’s radiator looks pretty bad and has some patches where the fins are rotting away. Im sure I’ll be here soon.

Had my FJ60 rad recored last week and I was a shocked to see how much the price has gone up over the years. It cost me $700 when it was all said and done. Turned out nice though.

I’m curious to see what they charge for the recore. My troopy’s radiator looks pretty bad and has some patches where the fins are rotting away. Im sure I’ll be here soon.

Had my FJ60 rad recored last week and I was a shocked to see how much the price has gone up over the years. It cost me $700 when it was all said and done. Turned out nice though.
This one will be $575 + tax. Another quote I got was $800, just for reference.

Apparently it is a lost art and there are fewer and fewer places that can do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom