Going to trade in my ‘04, should I remove the add on’s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 04, 215k miles which I am going to trade in since I am not using it as much as planned, in the last 5k miles, I’ve done the TC/WP, oem steering rack & tires. The interior is probably a 6-7/10. The market is not too favorable at this time and thinking of getting a Camry. I still have my 60 and 40 (in pieces) which I can wheel…

So my question is, should I remove the 2” tough dog lift, navigation delete stuff, and tires and get the truck back or close to original equipment before going to the dealer?

Wait.... you're considering a trade-in at a dealer? Just don't want to mess with private party sale?

IMO that's a terrible move

Wait.... you're considering a trade-in at a dealer? Just don't want to mess with private party sale?

IMO that's a terrible move
Private party will probably take too long to sell, I’ll haggle with them over trade value & prices and see what happens

They will play w the numbers in front of you like a card trick and still pay the same. No dealer pays above average auction price, specially now that there's lots of uncertainty regarding where the market is going.

The only benefit of trade in is that you get rid of it quick, and you get a tax credit. Not relevant if the difference is above your state tax rate.

Why not get a number from the dealer and then offer it here with a couple of thousand added. It will go to somebody who would appreciate it and you will still get your money.
Most cruisers sit on the market a while because the owners ask for a pretty penny for them. A couple of grand above trade in would be very lucrative price for the buyers!

Why not get a number from the dealer and then offer it here with a couple of thousand added. It will go to somebody who would appreciate it and you will still get your money.
Most cruisers sit on the market a while because the owners ask for a pretty penny for them. A couple of grand above trade in would be very lucrative price for the buyers!

Exactly this. Depending on condition and asking price, my dad (lives in Temple) or brother (in NM, but I'm in Austin and could facilitate the sale) might even take it off your hands as they've both been casually looking for a while now.

Last edited:
This sounds like a real good idea...

I have an 04, 215k miles which I am going to trade in since I am not using it as much as planned, in the last 5k miles, I’ve done the TC/WP, oem steering rack & tires. The interior is probably a 6-7/10. The market is not too favorable at this time and thinking of getting a Camry. I still have my 60 and 40 (in pieces) which I can wheel…

So my question is, should I remove the 2” tough dog lift, navigation delete stuff, and tires and get the truck back or close to original equipment before going to the dealer?
I’m close by in College Station. Let us know here details and price - it may avoid you getting insulted by the dealer who really doesn’t want this old of a car anyway.

If you decide to take off the nav delete, I would be interested 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom