GObig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Walking Eagle said:
Six Sigma Black Belt is harder to explain. .

Uh, some of us know that. :doh:

Let's get back on topic of how this kit is great for posing but will suck for real rock wheeling :flipoff2:

This is great! :D

The only thing at issue here is the angle of the rear upper/lower control arms, that is all. The lift for the vehicle is provided SOLELY by the springs. If two vehicle use the same springs, they will be the same height, done, end of story, et al, QED. If you want your lower control arms to be angled more then you leave the mount stock, if you want them to be more level you drop down the mount on the frame, simple as that...none of that affects the lift however, that is just how you want those control arms to look/function.

Thanks for playing.

:D

Junk said:
Let's get back on topic of how this kit is great for posing but will suck for real rock wheeling :flipoff2:

Umm gonna call you bias ply from now on .. :D

TY

Fer the love of GAWD!

1) YellowchaosFJ80 post some fawkin pics of yer junk on a ramp, a trail, the head of a starbuck's barrista.

2) Answer ANY of the questions folks have posted on this thread pertaining to fxn of your lift.

Christ, there's over two pages of web-based drivel about sliding, dragging, geometry and now a pissing contest on Bachelor's level mechanical engineering.

YellowchaosFJ80 - you started this thread so step up and deal with your mess. Post #8 is where the questions start if you forgot. The pics in post #25 just don't really show much in the way of flex, dragging your new brackets, sliding them, or just about anything other than your truck gets parked on a street sometimes and in a parking lot other times and your yellow jack stands are new.

Walking Eagle said:
BSME - BS in Mechanical Engineering

Six Sigma Black Belt is harder to explain. Deals with reducing variation, robust design, Designs of experiments, Components Of Variation. You know, engi-nerd type stuff.

Your obviously a novice to the art and whit of sarcasm.

Next time I'll try a little harder.

I'm going back to reading Atlas Shrugged now.

sorry, with some of the other posts on this thread, it was quite easy to think someone didn't know what BSME ment.

BB,
Your sample size is too small, your null hypothesis is flawed and you should really take a look at your p-value. Review your FMEA before you go on to your next phase.
Oh my gawd. There is one in every crowd. ;)

(all in jest of course) :beer:

This reminds me of when Kenton decided it was a good idea to post his business card to prove he was... like, uh, um, supa smurt :D

second most confusing thread i've read today.

Walking Eagle please do not delete your posts. it makes the thread unreadable because i can't see what others are responding to. If you deleted because you went overboard then just admit it later. think before you post and then you won't need to do it.

as for the substance of the argument, I think yellowchaos is to be commended and the jury is definitely still out on MAF stuff. I've expressed the same skepticism as wrench and junk but let's hear how it performs on a trail. Given how far yellowchaos has lifted it his drop brackets are going to be 2.5" higher off the ground than my stock brackets on an OME medium lift on 33s. his frame is going to be 6.5" higher than my frame. That is a significant improvement in ground clearance. isure t could be better if he went with lengthened control arms and caster correction instead of the brackets, but I am not aware of cost effective reliable lengthened front control arms.

Junk said:
This reminds me of when Kenton decided it was a good idea to post his business card to prove he was... like, uh, um, supa smurt :D

Not trying to prove I'm like super smart and s***. Just don't like having my basic math skills attacked. Sorta like - I didn't go to evil medical school for 8 years to be called Mr. Evil.

semlin said:
second most confusing thread i've read today.

Walking Eagle please do not delete your posts. it makes the thread unreadable because i can't see what others are responding to. If you deleted because you went overboard then just admit it later. think before you post and then you won't need to do it. .

What was the first most confusing?

Sorry, it wasn't that I regreted going overboard, it was that it was all convoluted. I'll give you the clift notes verson.

Wrench says - "They're lower than stock"

Walking Eagle says - "No, they're no lower to the ground than stock just lower than a lift without drop brackets".

Wrench - "Uh huh"
Me - "na huh"
Wrench "Uh huh"
Me "na huh"
Wrench "uh huh"
Me "Na huh"

Wrench "you're blind"

Me "you don't know geometry, and lower means nothing unless you say what it's relative to"

Wrench "Uh huh"
Me "Na huh"

Junk - " there is a dog on a train whos nuts are lower than a donkey's"

Wrench "Uh huh"
Me "Na huh"

Wrench "it's lower"
Me - "is not under these specifice criteria"

Wrench "Is to"
Me - "is not"

Wrench "is to to infinity plus one"
Me - "is not and infinity is just a construct to mask our failure to fully understand the greatness of the universe"

Wrench "uhm, uh huh!"
me - " uh, like no"

That's when I finally said screw it - let the picture and the #'s talk for themselves as to what is lower than what.

Does that help clear it up?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but that was kinda cute ... :flipoff2:

TY

cruiserdan said:

Ok, I'll be more specific .. since a certain someone is onto his 5th Keystone .. :flipoff2:

'cute' in a totally gay sort of way ....

NTTAWWT!

TY

Walking Eagle said:
What was the first most confusing?

another thread somewhere I read earlier. it's probably deleted by now. :D

call me crazy but your coles note version seems somehow, oh, I don't know... biased :rolleyes:. reading the actual stuff you posted would have helped me figure out where you are on the scale between asshat and astounding rhetorician who had bested both wrench and junk in a titanic struggle of grand master debaters.

T Y L E R said:

Ok, I'll be more specific .. since a certain someone is onto his 5th Keystone .. :flipoff2:

Muttering to self...."Where did that bastard hide the web-cam?........." :flipoff2:

landtank said:
So, I'm thinking these brackets might be lower than stock.

Nuh uhhh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom