GObig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No-stupid is saying they will slide over rocks and not get hung up...

I never said that (others have) - I only pointed out that they are lower than a truck with a 4" lift.

I agree more with Wrench. Taking a drop bracketed truck on a rock trail, at least here on the east coast, will get you hung up close enough the trailhead that you can wait for an H2 to come along and winch you out. :D

Junk said:
I agree more with Wrench. Taking a drop bracketed truck on a rock trail, at least here on the east coast, will get you hung up close enough the trailhead that you can wait for an H2 to come along and winch you out. :D

After the H2 bails and turns around just up ahead .. :D

Or winches from the latte-comfort of the parking lot. What was I thinking .. ;p

TY

Junk said:
Go take a nap, you know what he meant. :flipoff2:
laughing.gif

Walking Eagle said:
No. I know what he said. Just because he's wrong is no reason to flip me off. Grow up.

I haven't even read what we are arguing about here, but when ever someone uses this argument "Grow up." I instantly think that they have a 13 year old mentality. I probably think this since this is the argument a 13 year would use. Also what does "grow up" really mean anyway?

Yes they are lower than stock. Are you blind? Look at the picture. Now go out and look at your 80. See?

I deleted all the other garbage - at least my posts. I'm condensing what I have to say into one post.

1. Drop brackets with lift equal to the drop are no lower to the ground than stock.

2. 4" drop brackets with 4" lift springs will have the same frame height as 4" springs without drop brackets, but the brackets and trailing arms will be 4" closer to the ground.

Check out the picture, it's pretty obvious what's what, and I'm not trying to be dubious or hide anything or play word games. It's right there in black and white and red and blue.

At the lift amount yellowchaosfj80 is running is the bracket drop even an issue? (this thread is about his truck isn't it?) 7.5" lift gives 1.5" more for tire (assuming wheel well clearance) than a 6" lift. So, a 6" lift puts the trailing arm 6" higher off the ground than stock. A 7.5" lift with 4" drop puts you 3.5" higher off the ground than stock. Add in 1.5" for the extra tire diameter you can get, and you're brackets are sitting at 5" higher off the ground than stock.

What have you lost compared to a 6" lift without brackets?

The brackets are 1" lower than with a 6" no bracket drop lift.

What have you gained?

The frame is 3" higher off the ground (1.5" springs, 1.5" tires)

The axle is 1.5" higher off the ground (assuming the extra tire)

Approach, departure, and break over angle (as calculated the way they do in mags) are all better.

You have bigger tires.

The angles the axles go through are more consistant - more along the lines of a 3.5" lift (cause you're 3.5" higher than the 4" drop).

The axle will move less forward and backward throughout it's travel because of the lesser trailing arm angle. Same thing left and right because of the dropped panhard bar.

When you do hit the brackets, and you eventually will try to go up something big enough that you will, no matter what lift you have, it is a smoother ramp.

I'd compare a 7.5" lift without brackets, but as far as I know, no one offers one, and without something different than what's in the average 6" w/o brackets, I'm guessing it would be a handfull on the road. Plus, this thread is about yellowchaosfj80's truck, which has 7.5" of lift.

Last edited:
Walking Eagle said:
Grow up means - act like an adult. Not - "oh, you're proving my friend wrong by quoting him contracting himself, so here's the finger - that makes him right." We can all sit around like 13 year olds and flip each other the bird and laugh, but it doesn't resolve the question of "Are drop brackets with 4" lift really closer to the ground than stock?".

Actually I meant that rhetorically.

As far as drop brackets go, I'm not getting into this argument. All I know is I have seem alot of cruisers get hung up or alomst hung up on the rear lower control arm bracket. Cruisers that weren't stock mind you.

Walking Eagle said:
Wrench I am not blind, but I do understand geometry. Like I said in post #53, a 4" lift with drop brackets is no lower to the ground than stock. A 4" lift with drop brackets is however lower to the ground than a 4" lift without brackets.

Perhaps this will help - not the best drawing - I don't have any CAD programs at home anymore, so you get what I can do in paint.

Heath, he said they are lower than stock, which is correct. He pointed out the brackets are lowered, and when you lift the truck, they are essentially in the same spot again when you use a 4" lift. Just like your picture.

He never said that they are lower to the ground after lifting the vehicle.

Walking Eagle said:
Wrench I am not blind, but I do understand geometry. Like I said in post #53, a 4" lift with drop brackets is no lower to the ground than stock. A 4" lift with drop brackets is however lower to the ground than a 4" lift without brackets.

I disagree. A fundamental given behind this statement is that you understand math. I don't think you do. You take a mount and add a drop bracket to it - this makes it lower.

Gee, if a dog is sniffing for a clue and traveling 75mph on a green train heading west.... he left at 9am on a Friday that happened to be Feb 29, wearing an orange collar, at what time will he pull his head out of his tucass? The answer is still thud.

:idea: BTW, they are lower than stock. :doh:

Dude, give it a break.
Your argument assumes that you've added more lift to the vehicle with the drop bracket, and not to the vehicle with the regular bracket (i.e. both vehicles don't have the same amount of lift) It wasn't clear at first, but I/we get it. I think it's a bogus comparison, but whatever floats your boat.
You are beating this argument like the proud owner of a G500.
And for the record I agree with everyone else in this thread.
Quit argueing what "is" is.
Thank you!

Last edited:
can we have some wheeling pictures of said rig please......

Crap, some boys on this thread need to get laid...a little testosterone build up going on....

See post #70 - I've erased everything else as it's redundent to go over it again and again.

This is like that scene in .. *surprise* fight club , where Brad Pitt is getting beat down by the Italian guy in the basement .. 'ya got it now ya fawk .. ' .. ' ok , ok .. I got it !!...........................................nope, lost it!' :D :D :D

Someone keep pounding ... :cool:

TY

Walking Eagle said:
I'm a BSME and a Six Sigma Certified Black Belt.

Yaa and I've got my Green Lantern Decoder Ring that came in my cheerios. :D

I mean WTF does that crap even mean?

Oh Junk I figured out the answer to the dog conundrum, PM me if you want the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom