Giving Lexus a taste (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm pretty sure cruiserteq/cruiser outfitters bushing kit is OEM. I can look at my kit for part numbers. Good work on all of this!
its not oem because toyota doesnt offer the bushings by themselves, they only offer the entire brace with a bushing already in it.

For anyone that reads this and is thinking about replacing your rear shocks, don’t. Just done. Sell your truck and buy one that already has good shocks. What a bad design. Anyways I got my new rear shocks on lol. Iron man pro foam cells on all 4 corners now. Also needed some new fasteners for the splash guards in the frame, was a pain tracking these down, so here’s the PN to save you the trouble.
7FC8D678-C857-46A7-A401-6BEAD2A81A67.jpeg
20675C92-8AA4-4DBB-BD9D-EE61BEFBF861.jpeg

Keep the posts coming, really appreciate your sharing your journey

i thought it was just my imagination, but my wife drove the 470 to the grocery store, her first time driving it, and she mentioned how difficult it was to steer. i thought the steering was heavy after the front end refresh, but i guess i chalked it up to all new everything and it just being stuff. now it has my head spinning, wondering if the pump is ok. some light mud board reading says i might try a good steering fluid flush an check the screen inside the reservoir. it tracks good and true, and the wheel returns to center nicely, i guess the issue is i have nothing to compare to because ive never driven another 100 series. i will say, even my 87 runner has lighter steering and its on 37's, with stock steering pump and box. will report back, but yall see it here ill sell the damn thing before i replace another steering rack lol.

I also decided to spend a few hours on my 6” buffer. I washed, claybar, polished, and waxed this wagon. Turned out really nice!
B2970FAD-724E-4AC4-A552-1948A89FA5B2.jpeg
C74A92A2-2AC4-4E5E-8A5A-5EAF0506C346.jpeg

I spent some time this weekend chasing my water drip issue. On heavy rains I get a very small slow drip on the back of the sunroof. I chased all 4 drains with some weed eater string and poured water into each corner, observed good draining. Next guess was the gasket. I installed a new gasket today, it’s a quick and easy job. Pop the plastic trim off in inside of the glass (most of mine broke the clips…so beware. Run out the four M6 bolts in the corners. The gasket pulls right off, but is glued on. So slap some new weatherstrip glue along the edge (after cleaning the old off) and press the new gasket on. Note that there are white paint dots in the corners, and that the front edge of the gasket has a raised edge.
4780A9F2-FC63-4F62-B67C-19961504E70C.jpeg
852DA6F6-8D75-4418-9673-45841C7B9829.jpeg
3C401E58-ECA7-4D72-BD8A-23B9FA3433FA.jpeg
ACF3ED92-7A90-498C-9713-F6AE7C7B8432.jpeg

its not oem because toyota doesnt offer the bushings by themselves, they only offer the entire brace with a bushing already in it.

Our OEM kit is 100% OEM, they can be purchased exactly as shown:

DIFF100BKITOEM_1__63300.jpg

We offer an OEM, mix and aftermarket kit for the 100/470. I've not run across the bushing issue you encountered. Any idea what the ID of your cast piece was? I'd love to measure some we have at the shop.

Our OEM kit is 100% OEM, they can be purchased exactly as shown:

View attachment 3248103

We offer an OEM, mix and aftermarket kit for the 100/470. I've not run across the bushing issue you encountered. Any idea what the ID of your cast piece was? I'd love to measure some we have at the shop.
ill try to grab the number off of the arm next time i crawl under the front end. what i meant by not oem, is not toyota genuine. it cant be a toyota part if toyota doesnt even sell it, however, i do understand that toyota has parts suppliers and the bushings you sell may be from the same supplier, is this the case? and let me be clear, i only purchased the BUSHING kit, not the entire arms. note that i only had fitment issues on the driver side brace, the other two went in fine. when we put it on the machine to turn it down, it was off round a bit, which is why i coudnt get it in. basically as soon as we got it perfectly round we got it pressed in.

Rain today. Sunroof still leaking. Good news is that I didn’t get the plastic molding back on the inside, and I can see better. It looks to me like water is getting in between the outer edge molding and the glass..easiest solution at this point might be a very fine bead of flowable windshield silicon along the top on the edge of that plastic? Without ripping the whole thing apart.
21667391-9D6C-4D28-B610-260688961285.jpeg
D690391D-48E8-487F-86B4-AEF13CF184B8.jpeg

One of my keys crumbled the other day. I called Lexus today (2 hour drive for me) and they stock the Lexus fobs I just need to bring the pieces in and they’ll hook me up with another, for a small fee of course. They quoted me 100 bucks for the new one . Yikes. Anyways today was beautiful so I decided to drive my 40, enjoy.
4947FB2C-8441-491D-ADEC-BBC3F349BB46.jpeg

One of my keys crumbled the other day. I called Lexus today (2 hour drive for me) and they stock the Lexus fobs I just need to bring the pieces in and they’ll hook me up with another, for a small fee of course. They quoted me 100 bucks for the new one . Yikes. Anyways today was beautiful so I decided to drive my 40, enjoy. View attachment 3249181
Or have something delivered to your home, that’s probably not going to crack/break again?

From @suprarx7nut

Or have something delivered to your home, that’s probably not going to crack/break again?

From @suprarx7nut

after looking at these, i do like the style. not too cheesy and aftermarket looking. i might spring for one. thanks!

small win for me. we had pretty heavy storms last night here in arkansas, heavy rain and such. not a drop of water in the truck this morning, so it looks like i was correct on the top plastic molding on the sunroof glass as the culprit. i ran a very fine bead of flowable windshield clear silicon right on the edge of the plastic and where the glass meets it, not enough for anyone to ever notice unless i pointed it out, and the a small amount over the split in the plastic trim along the front of the sunroof. i believe i saw a thread here one time that discussed the adhesive under that plastic getting old and leaking, but for the life of me i couldnt figure out how to remove it when i had the glass off.

Today I took a metabo to the old smittybilt winch cable hook and replaced it with a flat link. Then I swapped out my PS rese for a new oem one, and my steering is significantly lighter than before. See pic of my rese screen filter with a flashlight shining from below, it was very clogged up.
527323AD-C84A-45C1-BD8D-F312AEC5C486.jpeg
ECA57DD7-D1B0-479D-8C44-2F8138A1CD06.jpeg
4813F251-6395-45E7-9643-2594D662AD1C.jpeg
D29D1FA2-87A9-461B-A64D-E4CA98CD28A7.jpeg
47E504A0-B1F2-4057-998C-61F330B0DB17.jpeg

small win for me. we had pretty heavy storms last night here in arkansas, heavy rain and such. not a drop of water in the truck this morning, so it looks like i was correct on the top plastic molding on the sunroof glass as the culprit. i ran a very fine bead of flowable windshield clear silicon right on the edge of the plastic and where the glass meets it, not enough for anyone to ever notice unless i pointed it out, and the a small amount over the split in the plastic trim along the front of the sunroof. i believe i saw a thread here one time that discussed the adhesive under that plastic getting old and leaking, but for the life of me i couldnt figure out how to remove it when i had the glass off.
Came here to tell you to do this haha. I was almost to the point of sealing my sunroof up when my last idea was to silicon that edge and voila!

Rain today. Sunroof still leaking. Good news is that I didn’t get the plastic molding back on the inside, and I can see better. It looks to me like water is getting in between the outer edge molding and the glass..easiest solution at this point might be a very fine bead of flowable windshield silicon along the top on the edge of that plastic? Without ripping the whole thing apart.
View attachment 3248139View attachment 3248140
When I did my seal I was very careful, used yellow sealant and it still leaked. What I ultimately used was black permetex on the seam that is in the center back, and made a tee out a few inches to each side. It’s not the rubber, it’s the sunroof trim that is the issue. It’s not noticeable at all. I did not look into replacing it as I figured it may be only available with the panel. I don’t remember now. It never leaked after this. I kinda felt silly for doing the rubber since it was messy and took some time.

Last edited:
Airflow was weak at vents so I decided to replace the cabin filter, grabbed one from wits. Also replaced plate lamps because they rattled a lot (foam was worn away) and I need a third brake lamp but they appear to be NA from Toyota. Womp womp. Placed an order for wheels today, scs F5 in grey.
151F85C4-B738-4515-8F5D-6BA918C030EC.jpeg
A6F9AEFF-E1D3-433D-B334-0690734D78C2.jpeg
06B874EF-ACF1-4DC5-92AB-FE5D9FC8754E.jpeg
F295A1E4-9361-4927-B2EC-1ED030DB9C6E.jpeg

OEM 3rd brake lights are on eBay for $300 and Chinese replicas for ~$50.
yes, the unfortunate effect of toyota going NA is some jackwagon listing one for hundreds of dollars on ebay. im going to waterproof mine and hold out for someone parting one.

yes, the unfortunate effect of toyota going NA is some jackwagon listing one for hundreds of dollars on ebay. im going to waterproof mine and hold out for someone parting one.
I see PN 8157060062 in stock, and just as expensive as always...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom