Giving Lexus a taste (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i think you would have a pretty hard time trying to polish glass lenses lol. the early ones like mine have glass not plastic. they dont haze up, they just break on the interstate from rocks :rofl:
What I would give for glass lenses…

when I did the brake pads a while back I noticed the lines were pretty bad. And by pretty bad I men’s they had blisters and were about to blow. Ordered some slee lines and tackled the job today. It went smooth except for one line, which felt weird when I removed it. It was hard to thread out all the way until the very last thread. Of course I went for a drive afterwards and that fitting was pissing fluid. Guess a PO at some point replaced that line and cross threaded it. Havnt decided if I will try and cut/reflare with a new fitting or order a new headline, it’s the one that from from master all the way to rear axle . Fun fun! This was also fluid flush, and boy was it nasty.

DB7BFA9D-7FF0-451E-B869-40AB7DEBB4AA.jpeg
8E489DA1-3A31-4648-A106-78117F0D5B3D.jpeg
97C257CC-AB37-4AE3-8CFD-92684A1279D4.jpeg

when I did the brake pads a while back I noticed the lines were pretty bad. And by pretty bad I men’s they had blisters and were about to blow. Ordered some slee lines and tackled the job today. It went smooth except for one line, which felt weird when I removed it. It was hard to thread out all the way until the very last thread. Of course I went for a drive afterwards and that fitting was pissing fluid. Guess a PO at some point replaced that line and cross threaded it. Havnt decided if I will try and cut/reflare with a new fitting or order a new headline, it’s the one that from from master all the way to rear axle . Fun fun! This was also fluid flush, and boy was it nasty.

View attachment 3289552View attachment 3289553View attachment 3289554
Reflare seems like an easier option, I can't remember having done it but can't be that hard. Just my .02 without anything to back it up except the sky is the limit on the tools needed. Fitting and flare tool and your done..

Looks like the Titan flaring tools work good based on a few reviews.

Ive never used one myself though

Looks like the Titan flaring tools work good based on a few reviews.

Ive never used one myself though
ordered a couple m10x1 brake line fittings from belmetric, grabbed a bubble flare kit from harbor freight (maddox i believe). will try to get to it this weekend. the whole brake line was only like 70 bucks, im already in it more than that with the flare kit lol. i do still think replacing that entire line would have been a big old pain. hopefully im able to pull the hard line end down far enough away from the bottom of the cab to work on it.

ordered a couple m10x1 brake line fittings from belmetric, grabbed a bubble flare kit from harbor freight (maddox i believe). will try to get to it this weekend. the whole brake line was only like 70 bucks, im already in it more than that with the flare kit lol. i do still think replacing that entire line would have been a big old pain. hopefully im able to pull the hard line end down far enough away from the bottom of the cab to work on it.
You got the flare kit, now you have a tool. I like tools.. Laying under the rig for 5-10 hours is fun too, I get sore though at my age..

My research says 3/16ths line.. I'm guessing you came up with that too. I didn't crawl under to measure it.

You got the flare kit, now you have a tool. I like tools.. Laying under the rig for 5-10 hours is fun too, I get sore though at my age..

My research says 3/16ths line.. I'm guessing you came up with that too. I didn't crawl under to measure it.
yes, its 4.75 metric, or 3/16 in freedom size.

Well, fixed the bad brake fitting today. Went smooth actually. I cut off the bad fitting, and about 1/4” of the hardline. Put on a new stainless M10x1 fitting and bubble flared the line. No leaks.

3E06E86D-8131-4A8B-A678-B13EBA0645C4.jpeg
6F78F30E-3119-48A9-A7C1-097FD36B7E51.jpeg

Timbren bumps for the front control arms
0ECF313A-0D57-4F00-969C-CD110C1821E0.jpeg
9DF31821-F660-4405-BE30-82321A4F466A.jpeg

When I replaced the sunroof gasket most of the interior trim broke on removal. Took a while for the new pieces to arrive but I got them back on today.
10E4DBE2-21A3-428B-BBDE-EAC5F556AE8E.jpeg
B5B2959D-26DE-449E-911D-83CECEF28635.jpeg

Last edited:
Those things are high $ ..geez and cool ass mod to add to the list.. thanks.. NOT..🤣
I’ve run them on other builds. They are worth every penny. The stock bumps are such a sudden hit on potholes and such. These things are like running over a pile of baby rabbits when you hit a hole.

I’ve run them on other builds. They are worth every penny. The stock bumps are such a sudden hit on potholes and such. These things are like running over a pile of baby rabbits when you hit a hole.
Amazing.. great info.. thanks..Front and back?

My Chinese sweat shop steering wheel came in. Less than thrilled for how much it cost. Wiring was janky and it was nasty, they didn’t even wipe the crud off the cruise switch before shipping it. I pulled my old wiring and switch from my wheel and I also reused my old airbag. They also didn’t even use the right trim piece for the cruiser switch, they just used a razor and cut a hole in a solid blank lol, so I used my old one. In the end it still looks way better than my old ratty wheel.

F80CEAD0-BA8A-4C6D-94EC-9C256710FBED.jpeg
BE41E57D-1575-4B94-A021-D3B9DB85CB92.jpeg
60DAED1C-B131-4AA3-8D55-720F28B7CD2E.jpeg
56A3D05E-4BD7-41A4-BE7E-1E4FFF74293D.jpeg

Spent a little time on the console lid last night . I’m by no means good at upholstery but this turned out fine.

A2311CC4-05D2-408A-99D4-BBCA5D143E6B.jpeg
DEAAA554-92C8-4146-B958-4C5ECF977332.jpeg

I emailed the eBay seller that sells the steering wheels (deals for wheels I think) and sent them the pics of the wiring and cut up trim piece. They basically said yeah you’re right that’s not cool sorry, and gave me 50 bucks back lol. I’ll take that win.

Thanks to you ASU, got my Timbrens today, I'll be mounting over the day or 2...

Well, it took a LONG time but the next part install finally happened. I waited for these parts to show up from ARB. They were on back order and had to ship from AUS. Anyways I got the steps and fender guards installed. This was kind of a pain to be honest. The ARB instructions basically say “find a buddy and make it happen”. The hardware consists of big ubolts that go around the frame rails. The front guards need to be mocked up and the they’re supposed to be bolted in place. I opted for two small spot welds on the base where they meet the steps to make sure they don’t move, along with the bolts provided. The diamond plate was a nice touch, but ARB sends carriage bolts for install, and they drill all round holes lol. I went to local hardware store and bought some Allen head M6x1 bolts to install them.

8AFCF370-60B3-42AD-AC12-1F8C9A60C475.jpeg
F2A228A7-E893-4A94-B2E1-B9D0DCF6AF0B.jpeg
IMG_6676.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom