Getting logged-out when changing forums (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven't had the issue since moving over to Chrome.

Seems to kick me out during peak times. Usually evenings after dinner.
Volume issue?

I narrowed it down to my work computer, nothing else is giving me problems. I have been logged out at least 5 times today.

Sure hope you guys figure it out. All I have is a windows 7 and I get booted at least a dozen times a day. Being computer challenged doesn't help the old guys.

After switching to firefox I have not been booted, yet. I also noticed that with firefox some of the other forums I check out worked better.

I've used nothing but Win10/Edge for the past few days....5 different forums, all the same software, two of which are on the same server with similar settings (IH8MUD and RockCrawler)....I've not been booted from my login once.

Adjusted security settings, firewalls, cache settings, VPN settings, etc....nothing....

course, my FTP program continues to not work on Win10...regardless of what tweaks I make...still rely on the old MacbookAir for that stuff I guess.

Duplicating on my end would sure help find a solution....

On a good note, I've learned a ton about Edge...still not a fan tho :)

Woody,

Whatever you did worked! So far today not getting booted out. Thank you for staying at the problem, it was getting very frustrating.

Simply: guessed that the CDN was causing cache issues....will give it a week or so to clear globally, then reactivate.

Glad it cured it :)

Back at work, back to being logged off. Also seems like it happens at the top of every hour. IE11

Back at work, back to being logged off. Also seems like it happens at the top of every hour. IE11
Yup. for the last week or so. I forget if it has happened at home or not. IExx. I'll get on my other work computer later to see, I use Firefox there for some reason.

Still happening twice a day, just booted me out again. Could this be malware or
virus within the program?

A virus/malware would be far more malicious than simply kicking you off your user session.

I am aggressive with software updates, security, and all that....always have been. There is a reason this site is https, where most others are not.

Still good with Chrome, but tried Edge yesterday and eventually got booted out. :frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom