Getting logged-out when changing forums (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It only seems to be happening while using IE on my work computer.

My work phone (iPhone), personal phone (android) and my home PC running Firefox have all been ok for the last 24 hours or so.

I'll let my sysadmin know there still are issues....AGAIN, for those reporting what OS and Browser they are on, thank you. That information is very helpful.

The latest Firefox and Chrome releases came out yesterday. Be SURE you are current.

Happened to me this morning. Windows 10/Edge.

Happened to me this morning. Windows 10/Edge.
Try another browser, see if it still occurs.

I have a Win10 machine, survived on Edge for less than a day. Couldn't stand it.

Windows10/Edge

I started using Chrome yesterday. I haven't been on much, but have not been bumped off while on Chrome (yet).

I did some research on Edge yesterday...seems to be a constant issue with passwords and logins....nothing I researched noted a solution (other than the typical clear browser cookies/cache/etc that is standard practice)

If anyone finds a GOOD solution, post up. We've had no luck yet (either on the server side OR on client side)...and obviously the server tweaks thus far haven't corrected it.

I have only been having problems on my work desktop, unfortunately I cannot use any other browser due to our IT dept and their mighty black hand.

This AM I was browsing the forums, when I switched from the classifieds over to 40 series tech, it logged me out, went over to internet options, cleared cookies and history. Magically when I clicked back on to the tech page I was logged back in, never had to enter username and password.

This is all on IE 11.

Edit..........13 minutes later same problems. Luckily it is only on my work desktop. My mobile browsers are working fine.

Last edited:
Dumped Edge, went to Chrome. No problems since...........and I like the new browser better.

I'm having the problem with IE 11.

Still chasing a solution...no luck yet....

statistically, 47% of users are on Chrome...38% are on Safari...6% are on Firefox...4.9% are on IE and 1.5% on Edge...unfortunately, chasing the solution for such a small sample only makes it more difficult...

uugh...

Posting using Edge (hate it) but we'll see if I can replicate anything...

Remember passwords in Microsoft Edge

When you visit a website that requires you to sign in, Microsoft Edge will ask if you want your user name and password remembered. The next time you visit the site, Microsoft Edge will finish filling in your account info. Password saving is on by default, but here's how to turn it on or off:
  1. In Microsoft Edge E-shaped Edge logo, select More actions Three-dot More icon > Settings > View Advanced Settings.
  2. Turn Offer to save passwords to Off.
    • Note: This does not delete previously saved passwords. To do that, go to Settings, select Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data, and then choose Passwords.

Logged in using Edge at 6:30p MST....posted above at 6:38...logged into the RockCrawler forum (also XF)....surfed around both for 30 minutes....left for a pizza run (Pizza Wagon in Hurricane UT is A W E S O M E!) and am now at a friends house eating.

Hasn't kicked me out yet. Will keep trying...

I was kicked out once tonight again about 7 pm PST. It has been less often I can admit.

I assume everyone is clicking this little box...
image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom