Gambler 2024- this time I bought a Toyota. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

more things i learned today from the build codes

3b2 - factory color is "WINE"
VN41- 2 door short bed
G662 -eight inch rear, 3.07 gear, two pinion open diff
w46 - 4 speed Manuel transmission

but also stupid question of the day because it does not say on the build placard.

the 22re or 22r was available for this truk in 1986. im pretty sure its a 22re but can anyone verify this with certainty? I apologize ahead of time for my ignorance.

but also stupid question of the day because it does not say on the build placard.

the 22re or 22r was available for this truk in 1986. im pretty sure its a 22re but can anyone verify this with certainty? I apologize ahead of time for my ignorance.

WAG
22R is carbed
22RE is electronically fuel injected

VN41- 2 door short bed
That truck would most likely have come as carbed by the looks of the trim and should be RN not VN as R represents the series of engine.

IMG_3773.jpeg

Did some PM with friends. Oil change, plugs wires cap, oil fuel filter. Ran compression check across the cylinders and this thing was above 150 on all four. This engine is probably in better health than my LX. Oh and we bled the brakes so now they actually work before hitting the floor

Got rid of the rear bumper that was barely hanging on. Lift kit came in and I’m thinking im missing pieces. I bought blocks but I’m told it’s not gonna work for the rear because I’m not SOA. Anyone wanna help low jack fab something? I’m told we just gotta like flip the plate and weld something idk. I don’t have a welder currently

Input would be appreciated for rear lift.

Gonna take a bit of trimming for joop wheels. Two inch spacers are set to arrive on Monday via FedEx. We shall see if they arrive on time or not

IMG_1888.jpeg
IMG_1892.jpeg
IMG_1890.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s a picture of the rear axle. Would love some input on low jack lift for the rear. If it’s gonna stack right if I just drop the axle over the springs with some light mod.
IMG_1919.jpeg

current budget/costs:

Carry forward: $475
Rubicoon wheels : $200
Running total: $675
Spent $113 total at napa for all the PM

EBAY lift and spacers were 188.00- but they dont count towords the total cost because this was 100% cash back from my credit card so "boy math" thats not reel money

Running total : $788

VN41- 2 door short bed
By the way, I never had a 2WD Toyota but I thought the rear axles were 7.5” for those and 8” for 4WD.

If you flip the rear springs for a SOA that might net you around 6” of lift which the front won’t keep up with very easily.

By the way, I never had a 2WD Toyota but I thought the rear axles were 7.5” for those and 8” for 4WD.

If you flip the rear springs for a SOA that might net you around 6” of lift which the front won’t keep up with very easily.
if you wanna tell me this is a 7.5 rear thats great but according to the internet an my little firewall thingy it says 8 inch rear

Does it happen to be a 1 ton? Most were 7.5” so you did good!

my limited knowledge and tapping into the googler is saying according to the build codes its 8 inch rear 3.07s open diff 2wd. sumthing about they didnt make a 3.07 in 7.5 so they used a one ton axle from the 4wd on some of the 2wd troks. this is knowledge on a forum so who knows.

This is good and gives you more options.
yeah im hopeing to find a 4.88 thrid member and either luchbox locker or weld it. That should be enough to get me in over my head offrhoad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom